Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

schedule sql

Contributor

Hello Team,

is there a way we can schedule a sql statement in Impala (hue)?

For example I wish to schedule delete of a table.

delete cdr.tab1;

Thanks,

Roshan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi @roshanbi It looks like you do not have permissions to create an workflow, Please try it from any other user or ask your admin team to grant a privileges to you.

I found below Blog where it shows step by step procedure to create an workflow and schedule it in Hue. Please check and follow.

https://www.programmersought.com/article/44483680705/

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

It would be helpful to community members inclined to answer your question if you included which version of Hue you're using, and from which distribution (i.e., HDP, CDH or CDP) you installed it from.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Contributor

Hi,

thanks for the update.

Please find below details:

impalad version 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT RELEASE (build 134517e42b7b6085e758195465f956f431e0e575) Built on Sat Dec 12 11:15:02 UTC 2020
Version: Cloudera Enterprise 7.1.3 (#4999720 built by jenkins on 20200805-1701 git: fa596184790377f07ba80e9cd4da8b875237939c)

Java VM Name: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM

Java Version: 11.0.10

Thanks,

Roshan

Contributor

How do I find from which distribution I installed it?

Hi @roshanbi 

Just perusing the Hue user documentation, I read this:

Scheduler: The application lets you build workflows and then schedule them to run regularly automatically. A monitoring interface shows the progress, logs and allow actions like pausing or stopping jobs.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Contributor

Hi,

can you please advise on the steps to build the workflows on Hue?

Thanks,

Roshan

Contributor

I am getting error below

roshanbi_0-1624358691524.png

Super Collaborator

Hi @roshanbi It looks like you do not have permissions to create an workflow, Please try it from any other user or ask your admin team to grant a privileges to you.

I found below Blog where it shows step by step procedure to create an workflow and schedule it in Hue. Please check and follow.

https://www.programmersought.com/article/44483680705/

Community Manager

Hi. @roshanbi, Has any of the replies helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future.  If you are still experiencing the issue, kindly provide more information that can help the experts help you. 

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Learn more about the Cloudera Community: