Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

scoped queries using the NiFi search api

Contributor

In the NiFi rest api is it possible to define scope and parameters in the search-results endpoint? I would like to be able to limit searches to root processGroups and refine the search to match only on specific fields such as the name and not property values. Is this possible? Or are their alternitves to achieve this with the rest api when the UUIDs are unkown?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No scoping that I'm aware of. However, take a closer look at the returned search results structure - it often contains details on the type of the item and parent.

Alternatively you can recurse from the root group and list contents instead of searching, but that requires more logic on the client side.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

No scoping that I'm aware of. However, take a closer look at the returned search results structure - it often contains details on the type of the item and parent.

Alternatively you can recurse from the root group and list contents instead of searching, but that requires more logic on the client side.

Contributor

Thanks for the reply Andrew. I ended up using your alternative solution. The search and filter approach ended up being too tedious and couldn't guarantee accuracy.