Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

service cloudera-scm-server-db could not start server

New Contributor

Hi,

Have tried to Restart the Cloudera Manager through command line. 

1) Stop the scm service:
# service cloudera-scm-server stop
# service cloudera-scm-server-db stop

It stoped and when trying restart service cloudera-scm-server started. But service cloudera-scm-server-db not able to START

# service cloudera-scm-server-db start

Its showing as 

DB initialization done.
waiting for server to start...............................................................could not start server

Could you please help me on this, due to this I am unable to start Cloudera Manager.

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

Thanks Michalis.

It resolved now, I have contact Cloudera Support on this. It happened due to Space issue on /Var/ directory. its used 100%. 

Once I cleaned up few log files, I can able to start cloudera-scm-server-db service.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Collaborator

Any exceptions logged in the log files?

- /var/log/cloudera-scm-server/db.log

- /var/lib/cloudera-scm-server-db/data/pg_log/

New Contributor

Thanks Michalis.

It resolved now, I have contact Cloudera Support on this. It happened due to Space issue on /Var/ directory. its used 100%. 

Once I cleaned up few log files, I can able to start cloudera-scm-server-db service.

Hi,

at this moment i´m facing the same issue.

i have a 5 node VirtualBox vm Cluster, and when i try service cloudera-scm-server-db start

it shows: DB initialization done. waiting for server to start................................................................................................. colud not start server.

I tried to stop the service. but it shows pg_ctl: no server running. the same output for the status command. 

please help me! o dont know what else i can do