Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

sqoop in HDF

Master Collaborator

HI:

Could I Install Sqoop and FLume in HDF or just i can install it on HDP?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

@Roberto Sancho

Flume is included in the HDP repo, and usually installed on an Edge node. The Installation instructions can be found here: https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.6.0/bk_command-line-installation/content/instal...

As always, if you find this post useful, don't forget to accept the answer.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Guru

@Roberto Sancho

The HDP Client tools including Sqoop and Flume would typically be installed on HDP Edge Nodes, and not usually in a HDF cluster.

Master Collaborator

Hi:

Many thanks, but could i install flume and sqoop on my ingest cluster HDF???

Guru

@Roberto Sancho

Assuming the box meets the other prereqs (OS, etc) then the client tools can be installed on the same box, though it isn't typical.

Expert Contributor

You can find some information in the HDF docs, like this topic on using Sqoop.

Also, Flume is deprecated in HDP 2.6 and is being removed in HDP 3.0. See the Release Notes.

And here's another topic you might want to check out: HDP and Component Information.

Master Collaborator

HI: I saw the examples, but do you have the flume agent on HDP or HDF??

Thanks

Expert Contributor

Currently, you can only deploy HDP components, including Sqoop and Flume, on HDP.

Guru

@Roberto Sancho

Flume is included in the HDP repo, and usually installed on an Edge node. The Installation instructions can be found here: https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.6.0/bk_command-line-installation/content/instal...

Master Collaborator

HI:

but it have sense to install all elements on the HDFS, i mean sqoop, flume, kafka, storm etc, son please any explanation why is not good to install flume and sqoop on HDF??