Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

unable to access Workflow Manager view on kerberized cluster due to Oozie test fail

Expert Contributor

I'm running a kerberized HDP cluster and am unable to access the Workflow Manager view because the Oozie check is failing.

14325-oozie-check-failed-workflow-manager-view.png

Looking at the Workflow Manager view logs (/var/log/ambari-server/wfmanager-view/wfmanager-view.log), I can see that a null pointer exception is thrown after the oozie admin URL is attempted to be accessed:

02 Apr 2017 18:33:41,326  INFO [main] [  ] OozieProxyImpersonator:111 - OozieProxyImpersonator initialized for instance: WORKFLOW_MANAGER_VIEW
02 Apr 2017 18:35:13,927  INFO [ambari-client-thread-85] [WORKFLOW_MANAGER 1.0.0 WORKFLOW_MANAGER_VIEW] OozieDelegate:149 - Proxy request for url: [GET] http://hdp1.woolford.io:11000/oozie/v1/admin/configuration
02 Apr 2017 18:35:14,163 ERROR [ambari-client-thread-85] [WORKFLOW_MANAGER 1.0.0 WORKFLOW_MANAGER_VIEW] OozieProxyImpersonator:484 - Error in GET proxy
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException

I'm able to access the Oozie web UI and the admin configuration URL (http://hdp1.woolford.io:11000/oozie/v1/admin/configuration) in a browser, and so it appears that Oozie is working, e.g.

14326-oozie-admin-configuration.png

I'm not sure if it's relevant to this issue, but the Oozie user can impersonate any user from any host (from core-site.xml):

<property>
  <name>hadoop.proxyuser.oozie.hosts</name>
  <value>*</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>hadoop.proxyuser.oozie.groups</name>
  <value>*</value>
</property>

Can you see what I'm doing wrong? Is there any other relevant information I should add to this question?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3

Expert Contributor

Expert Contributor

Thanks so much, @Beverley Andalora. I somehow missed this in the docs. 🙂

Per the link you sent, I added the following properties to Oozie-site and it's working perfectly:

oozie.service.ProxyUserService.proxyuser.[ambari-server-cl1].groups=*

oozie.service.ProxyUserService.proxyuser.[ambari-server-cl1].hosts=*

New Contributor

org.apache.ambari.view.commons.exceptions.ServiceFormattedException at org.apache.ambari.view.commons.hdfs.UserService.homeDir(UserService.java:7

User home directory not found...

Cluster is kerberized...please help