Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

unable to connect hadoop hdfs nameNode

hi, firstly i m super noob in big data. i install virtual box and cloudera. but when i clicked hdfs nameNode it says "unable to connect" and "cant establish to the server at quickstart.cloudera.50070.

i searched internet but as i said before this is first time in cloudera and linux and i can t follow the instructions. for example someone says "50070 is no longer avaible so change....." but dont know how to change it.

it is probably very simple thing but i need help. i try to solve this approx. 3 hours

- i ve tried to make network adapter bridged , result same

- i can connect internet with VM

- i also get "quickstart.cloudera:21050"  error in hue

11 REPLIES 11

Master Guru

@HoldYourBreath You can use Azure and if that's not available for you then you can go for any other cloud providers like AWS or GCP, depending on your most feasible option. 

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Master Mentor

@HoldYourBreath 
To add to @GangWar  answer  Azure is your best bet as you want to install Oracle VirtualBox and import your  Cloudera Quickstart VM image.

Don't forget to set up a Windows 10 with at most 16GB  with enough CPU's and remember to set up auto-shutdown to avoid extra costs when your VM  isn't running

Create-windows-virtual-machine-in-azure

How to install windows 10 in Azure

Hope this information is useful

Happy hadooping