Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

unable to import hive mertadata in atlas

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff} span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures} span.Apple-tab-span {white-space:pre}

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.atlas.hook.AtlasHookException: HiveMetaStoreBridge.main() failed.

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.main(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:650)

Caused by: org.apache.atlas.AtlasServiceException: Metadata service API org.apache.atlas.AtlasClient$API_V1@110844f6 failed with status 500 (Internal Server Error) Response Body ({"error":"Failed to notify NotificationEntityChangeListener for change PARTIAL_UPDATE"})

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasBaseClient.callAPIWithResource(AtlasBaseClient.java:371)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasBaseClient.callAPIWithResource(AtlasBaseClient.java:311)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasBaseClient.callAPI(AtlasBaseClient.java:199)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasClient.callAPIWithBodyAndParams(AtlasClient.java:952)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasClient.updateEntity(AtlasClient.java:505)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.updateInstance(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:526)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.registerDatabase(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:175)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.importDatabases(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:140)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.importHiveMetadata(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:134)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.main(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:647)

Failed to import Hive Data Model!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was able to resolve the issue myself. Zookeeper was out of sync and issue was related to ATLAS topics created in KAFKA.

i have to login to zookeeper shell and manually delete the topics /topics/delete_topic/...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

i am unable to view import in atlas configuration.. i manually ran the script of importing ..

Logs are listed below ai am completely lost. need some export advice

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff} span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures} span.Apple-tab-span {white-space:pre}

/usr/hdp/current/atlas-server/logs/import-hive.log

log4j:WARN No such property [maxFileSize] in org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout.

log4j:WARN No such property [maxBackupIndex] in org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout.

Enter username for atlas :- admin

Enter password for atlas :-

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.atlas.hook.AtlasHookException: HiveMetaStoreBridge.main() failed.

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.main(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:650)

Caused by: org.apache.atlas.AtlasServiceException: Metadata service API org.apache.atlas.AtlasClient$API_V1@1f14f20c failed with status 500 (Internal Server Error) Response Body ({"error":"Failed to notify NotificationEntityChangeListener for change PARTIAL_UPDATE"})

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasBaseClient.callAPIWithResource(AtlasBaseClient.java:371)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasBaseClient.callAPIWithResource(AtlasBaseClient.java:311)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasBaseClient.callAPI(AtlasBaseClient.java:199)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasClient.callAPIWithBodyAndParams(AtlasClient.java:952)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasClient.updateEntity(AtlasClient.java:505)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.updateInstance(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:526)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.registerDatabase(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:175)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.importDatabases(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:140)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.importHiveMetadata(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:134)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.main(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:647)

Failed to import Hive Data Model!!!

I was able to resolve the issue myself. Zookeeper was out of sync and issue was related to ATLAS topics created in KAFKA.

i have to login to zookeeper shell and manually delete the topics /topics/delete_topic/...