Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

unable to import hive mertadata in atlas

Solved Go to solution

unable to import hive mertadata in atlas

New Contributor

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff} span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures} span.Apple-tab-span {white-space:pre}

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.atlas.hook.AtlasHookException: HiveMetaStoreBridge.main() failed.

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.main(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:650)

Caused by: org.apache.atlas.AtlasServiceException: Metadata service API org.apache.atlas.AtlasClient$API_V1@110844f6 failed with status 500 (Internal Server Error) Response Body ({"error":"Failed to notify NotificationEntityChangeListener for change PARTIAL_UPDATE"})

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasBaseClient.callAPIWithResource(AtlasBaseClient.java:371)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasBaseClient.callAPIWithResource(AtlasBaseClient.java:311)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasBaseClient.callAPI(AtlasBaseClient.java:199)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasClient.callAPIWithBodyAndParams(AtlasClient.java:952)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasClient.updateEntity(AtlasClient.java:505)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.updateInstance(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:526)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.registerDatabase(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:175)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.importDatabases(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:140)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.importHiveMetadata(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:134)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.main(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:647)

Failed to import Hive Data Model!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: unable to import hive mertadata in atlas

New Contributor

I was able to resolve the issue myself. Zookeeper was out of sync and issue was related to ATLAS topics created in KAFKA.

i have to login to zookeeper shell and manually delete the topics /topics/delete_topic/...

2 REPLIES 2

New Contributor

i am unable to view import in atlas configuration.. i manually ran the script of importing ..

Logs are listed below ai am completely lost. need some export advice

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff} span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures} span.Apple-tab-span {white-space:pre}

/usr/hdp/current/atlas-server/logs/import-hive.log

log4j:WARN No such property [maxFileSize] in org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout.

log4j:WARN No such property [maxBackupIndex] in org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout.

Enter username for atlas :- admin

Enter password for atlas :-

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.atlas.hook.AtlasHookException: HiveMetaStoreBridge.main() failed.

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.main(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:650)

Caused by: org.apache.atlas.AtlasServiceException: Metadata service API org.apache.atlas.AtlasClient$API_V1@1f14f20c failed with status 500 (Internal Server Error) Response Body ({"error":"Failed to notify NotificationEntityChangeListener for change PARTIAL_UPDATE"})

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasBaseClient.callAPIWithResource(AtlasBaseClient.java:371)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasBaseClient.callAPIWithResource(AtlasBaseClient.java:311)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasBaseClient.callAPI(AtlasBaseClient.java:199)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasClient.callAPIWithBodyAndParams(AtlasClient.java:952)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasClient.updateEntity(AtlasClient.java:505)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.updateInstance(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:526)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.registerDatabase(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:175)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.importDatabases(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:140)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.importHiveMetadata(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:134)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.main(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:647)

Failed to import Hive Data Model!!!

New Contributor

I was able to resolve the issue myself. Zookeeper was out of sync and issue was related to ATLAS topics created in KAFKA.

i have to login to zookeeper shell and manually delete the topics /topics/delete_topic/...