Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

unable to set up nifi cluster using NIFI 1.0.0

Rising Star

Hi, @Bryan Bende i am following below post to set nifi cluster -

http://bryanbende.com/development/2016/08/17/apache-nifi-1-0-0-authorization-and-multi-tenancy

nifi-error.png

I am trying to set 3 node cluster using nifi 1.0.0. i have made the configuration changes as per the above post. but when i start all nodes in first go itself it threw "org.apache.nifi.controller.Uninheritable Flow Exception: Failed to connect node to cluster because local flow is different than cluster flow."

To solve this i deleted the flow.xml.gz file from all the nodes but it didn't solve the issue. Please check the attached screenshot of error.

i have encountered this issue in NIFI .0.7.0 clustering as well. it came when one of the node was not in sync with NCM. so at that time deleted flow.xml.gz file from child node only. and later after restarting it replicated the NCM's flow.xml.gz.

But in NIFI 1.0.0 as i'm not aware which node has elected as coordinator node so i had to delete flow.xml.gz file from all the nodes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

IE is actually not a supported browser, Microsoft Edge is though.

See here for the list of supported browsers:

https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/user-guide.html#browser-support

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

New Contributor

Hi @Bryan Bende

I have 3 nodes and each have different CA certificates. They are running securely. Now I am trying to cluster them.

So "Initial Admin Identity" property value of each node will remain different in "authorizers.xml" of each node and I will

make "Node Identity" for each node. Is this correct?

Master Guru

It would probably be best to start a new question for this, but...

If you have three different CAs that were used to generate three different certs for each of your standalone nodes, then you will need to create a single truststore that has the public keys of all three CAs, and each NiFi node will need to use that trutstore in order to trust the other nodes.

The initial admin identity must be the same on all nodes. If you have a client cert that worked on one of your standalone nodes, and if you do what I described above with the truststore, then you can still use this client cert.

Each node, will need all the node identities listed.

You will also need to delete the users.xml and authorizations.xml from each node so that it starts over.