Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

unable to start phoenix query server via ambari

Contributor

Hi experts,

So I recently installed Hbase via ambari.

I am able to start hbase master and regionserver.

However, when I start the phoenix queryserver, ambari does not throw any errors, however, within a couple seconds, the phoenix queryserver stops.

This is the error I found below:

[root@test02 ~]# cat /var/log/hbase/phoenix-hbase-queryserver.out
Error: Could not find or load main class org.apache.phoenix.queryserver.server.QueryServer
starting Query Server, logging to /var/log/hbase/phoenix-hbase-queryserver.log
2021-05-14 16:39:23.784483 launching /usr/jdk64/jdk1.8.0_112/bin/java -cp /etc/hbase/conf:/etc/hadoop/conf:/usr/lib/phoenix/bin/../phoenix-4.15.0-HBase-1.5-client.jar:::/etc/hadoop/conf:/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/*:/usr/lib/hadoop/.//*:/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/./:/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/lib/*:/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/.//*:/usr/lib/hadoop-yarn/lib/*:/usr/lib/hadoop-yarn/.//*:/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/lib/*:/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/.//*::mysql-connector-java.jar:/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/*:/usr/lib/tez/*:/usr/lib/tez/lib/*:/etc/tez/conf
-Dproc_phoenixserver -Dlog4j.configuration=file:/usr/lib/phoenix/bin/log4j.properties -Dpsql.root.logger=INFO,DRFA -Dpsql.log.dir=/var/log/hbase -Dpsql.log.file=phoenix-hbase-queryserver.log org.apache.phoenix.queryserver.server.QueryServer
close failed in file object destructor:
IOError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1

Expert Contributor

Hello @ryu ,

Refer below link for Enabling PQS via ambari

++++++++++++

https://docs.cloudera.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.5.3/bk_data-access/content/ch_using-phoenix.html#e...

</snippet from the link>

To enable Phoenix with Ambari:

1. Open Ambari.

2. Select Services tab > HBase > Configs tab.

3. Scroll down to the Phoenix SQL settings.

4. (Optional) Reset the Phoenix Query Timeout.

5. Click the Enable Phoenix slider button.

++++++++++++

Also would recommend to review below doc for installing phoenix via command line

https://docs.cloudera.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.5.3/bk_command-line-installation/content/ch_instal...