Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

upgrade an add-on service

New Contributor

product: cloudera manager

version: Cloudera Express 6.0.1

I want to add some new role types to an add-on service in some clusters, is there any way to upgrade add-on service? The exist role instances of the add-on service can't be stopped or changed. 

4 REPLIES 4

Community Manager

@yellowfruit  Welcome to our community! To help you get the best possible answer, I have tagged our Cloudera Manager experts @tjangid@vaishaakb@vamsi_redd  who may be able to assist you further.

Please feel free to provide any additional information or details about your query, and we hope that you will find a satisfactory solution to your question.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Master Collaborator

Hey @yellowfruit Thank you for bringing this to our community! and Thanks @VidyaSargur for tagging me here!

I want to add some new role types to an add-on service in some clusters.

Can you define the name of the New Role types and The name of the Add-On Service?

The exist role instances of the add-on service can't be stopped or changed.

Can you explain this with an expected workflow? or with Screenshots as applicable?

New Contributor

QQ图片20230316175742.png

Our add-on service called "PALLAS", deployed in several clusters. It defined a set of role types called "Pallas Datanode xxxx", which the numeric suffix is the port of the role instance listened, so at most 14 datanode instances can run in the same host with different port. Now we want to expand the number of datanode instances in a host, e.g., add new role type named "Pallas Datanode 8351-8364". For all the exists datanode instances formed a big storage cluster(not the cm cluster), which support our online services, so we can't stop the instances simultaneously. The role type expansion for the exist clusters is inessential, we prepared a new cluster to hold hosts with more datanode instances. 

An alternate choice is to define a new service with more datanode role types, but this will generate duplicate role types(different name, with the same port in different cluster), also increase our management difficulties. 

New Contributor

@vaishaakb sorry, I forgot to tag you