Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

username autofills in search fields

Does anyone know why the "database/table filter" and the "search saved documents" fields automatically populate with my username every time the page is reloaded? It takes me 3 button clicks to get rid of it every time just to be able to browse databases and tables, making my work incredibly frustrating.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Super Guru
@zoltanx_intel,

Yes, if you log in using other people's account and it still fills with your username, that sounds like browser issue. Have you asked your colleague to try on their browser instead and see the behaviour? Or have you tried to use Opera or FF?

Cheers
Eric

View solution in original post

Hi @AnthonyMz,

I raised a ticket, only to receive a prompt response, kind and helpful moreover. Tl;dr: it's a known problem, and it is resolved in CM to 6.3.0 - although if you don't mind putting your password in manually every time, you can just remove the autocomplete from this site and continue using the older version of CM. Below is the response from Cloudera:

"Hi Zoltan,

Thanks for contacting Cloudera. My name is Ela and I'm happy to assist you with this case.

As per the case comments, I understand that the user name is automatically added to the table search in HUE web UI.

Please be informed that this issue mainly occurs when the customers saved their passwords in their chrome browsers and hence they are getting the USER NAME in the search box when they logged in with HUE.

This issue is a known bug in chrome browser, so I am linking this case to the existing JIRA CDH-78170 and this was fixed permanently in the newer CM version 6.3.0.

CDH-78170 - Chrome password autofill will populate username in hue sidebar search box

Temporary workaround: Click the chrome web browser —> Click the profile photo -> passwords -> under section "Saved Passwords", find the hue website address and remove this entry.

Permanent fix: Please migrate the CM version to CM 6.3.0 for the permanent fix.

Kindly revert back for any other issues/clarifications required.

Note: Since P4 is reserved only for future requests, I am increasing this case priority from P4 to P3. Regards, Ela"

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

New Contributor

Thanks for posting this! I was about to do the same. Our team is experiencing the same issue (using Chrome, haven't tried other browsers) and it's terribly frustrating.

Did you actually "raise a ticket"?

Hi @AnthonyMz,

I raised a ticket, only to receive a prompt response, kind and helpful moreover. Tl;dr: it's a known problem, and it is resolved in CM to 6.3.0 - although if you don't mind putting your password in manually every time, you can just remove the autocomplete from this site and continue using the older version of CM. Below is the response from Cloudera:

"Hi Zoltan,

Thanks for contacting Cloudera. My name is Ela and I'm happy to assist you with this case.

As per the case comments, I understand that the user name is automatically added to the table search in HUE web UI.

Please be informed that this issue mainly occurs when the customers saved their passwords in their chrome browsers and hence they are getting the USER NAME in the search box when they logged in with HUE.

This issue is a known bug in chrome browser, so I am linking this case to the existing JIRA CDH-78170 and this was fixed permanently in the newer CM version 6.3.0.

CDH-78170 - Chrome password autofill will populate username in hue sidebar search box

Temporary workaround: Click the chrome web browser —> Click the profile photo -> passwords -> under section "Saved Passwords", find the hue website address and remove this entry.

Permanent fix: Please migrate the CM version to CM 6.3.0 for the permanent fix.

Kindly revert back for any other issues/clarifications required.

Note: Since P4 is reserved only for future requests, I am increasing this case priority from P4 to P3. Regards, Ela"

New Contributor

Thanks again @zoltanx_intel , much appreciated