Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

virtualizing master services

Contributor

Hello I have question what is difference between virtual namenode and physical dedicated namenode server

consider that all workernodes I have physical dedicated servers

will it be performance difference of data processing between virtual and physical master servers, even if virtual and physical servers will have same storeage capacity cpu number and ram, and not only namenodes for example can I have virtual hbase master, yarn, resource manager etc..

what services can I virtualize without impact performance?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

hi @Shota Akhalaia

The master services for the various tech are not usually overly IO heavy, and therefore, can be virtualized (and backed by SAN) without too much of an issue, including the NN but also the master services for the other technologies within the platform. Keeping the worker nodes on physical can help you to maximize your cluster's performance.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Guru

hi @Shota Akhalaia

The master services for the various tech are not usually overly IO heavy, and therefore, can be virtualized (and backed by SAN) without too much of an issue, including the NN but also the master services for the other technologies within the platform. Keeping the worker nodes on physical can help you to maximize your cluster's performance.

Contributor

Thank you for answer, as I understand I could virtualize most of dataflow services too: kafka, storm, nifi and SAM

is it right?

Guru

Hi @Shota Akhalaia

Most of the deployments I have been involved with has seen these services be installed on bare metal machines also as a lot of organizations tend to do HDP and HDF together, but, I think these should be ok to virtualize as well.

Thank you for the answer . It was really helpful for me to apply for my Industrial lubricants Dubai 's pages