Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

wget Process exited with an error: 4 (Exit value: 4)

Contributor

Can anyone help me, why i couldn't do the hands-on spark on 5 minutes because error : Process exited with an error: 4 (Exit value: 4) at first querry:

%sh wget http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hortonworks although i didn't copy paste . I use sandbox and my network on VMware is set Host-only. I tried with other network but it can't be saved. wget is installed. when i ping any url, it's not work. Any querries on Zeppelin work, and %sh is saved. It took me too much time for it. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

For connecting the internet on VM , you have to be in Brigde Network.

1) Check are you able to ping the host from vm ware, reverse dns should be enabled

1) look at default gateway

3) update same ip address for the gateway , use "wget" once work is done ,you can switch to NAT.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Super Collaborator

@Davd Leh

Host-only network will only allow network connectivity with host where sandbox is running. As accessing wikipedia needs internet access you have to use either NAT or Bridged type network on VMware guest.

Once set to NAT/Bridged verify if you are able to ping en.wikipedia.org and then try wget.

By default SandBox will have NAT network type for its adapter.

Contributor

But when i change to NAT, i can't access to http://192.168.179.163:8888/

Expert Contributor

For connecting the internet on VM , you have to be in Brigde Network.

1) Check are you able to ping the host from vm ware, reverse dns should be enabled

1) look at default gateway

3) update same ip address for the gateway , use "wget" once work is done ,you can switch to NAT.

Contributor

Thanks, i choose Bridge network and it works.

I got the same error after I added a second NIC as host-only - I couldn't connect to the internet anymore, although the routes did not change. It did work again after I removed the host-only NIC.

One caveat: After I got the error while installing NiFi, my Ambari database was left in a corrupted state.

Note: this was with VirtualBox on a Mac OS X host.