Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

what are the differences between hdcloud and cloudbreak for aws?

Contributor

Hi, I hope everyone has a good day. I am with a question which may seem simple but in my case, that I come from the world of deployments with onpremise infrastructure is not a simple issue for me. I am analyzing the possibility of making an implementation in aws, with what I have my doubts about what is the difference between "HDCLOUD" and "CLOUDBREAK".

Analyzing the documentation, I see that both offer the deployment of the platform in aws and the automation of scaling up or scaling down among other aspects. What would be the reasons or rational for which should evaluate the selection of one or another solution (hdcloud vs cloudbreak). In your experience, what are your recommendations and why? Thank you very much for the help and your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@MARTIN GATTO

Cloudbreak is the main offering, HDCloud (HDC) was aimed for an easier, more prescriptive user experience in AWS for typical use-cases. The new 2.x line of Cloudbreak has a revamped UI/UX which makes this difference negligible.

The key things is the following:

• the back-end of HDCloud is Cloudbreak.
  • Cloudbreak has long-term support, 2.4 GA has just come out
  • from feature perspective, Cloudbreak offers a superset of features of HDC except for Shared Services which is already on the roadmap
  • both have CLI options

So the bottom line is if you are to create a POC now, you should go with Cloudbreak.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@MARTIN GATTO

Cloudbreak is the main offering, HDCloud (HDC) was aimed for an easier, more prescriptive user experience in AWS for typical use-cases. The new 2.x line of Cloudbreak has a revamped UI/UX which makes this difference negligible.

The key things is the following:

• the back-end of HDCloud is Cloudbreak.
  • Cloudbreak has long-term support, 2.4 GA has just come out
  • from feature perspective, Cloudbreak offers a superset of features of HDC except for Shared Services which is already on the roadmap
  • both have CLI options

So the bottom line is if you are to create a POC now, you should go with Cloudbreak.

Hope this helps!

Contributor

Great, i `ll use it. tks for your time!.

B.R

Contributor

Hi @MARTIN GATTO, cloudbreak 2.4 is the recommended version and hdcloud planned to be replaced with this version in the future. So the recommendation is to use Cloudbreak 2.4, because it is the long term supported one.

Contributor

Great, i'll use it. Tks for your time!!!!! 🙂