Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

what is the root password for ssh root@localhost -p 2222 HDP 2.5

Explorer

i have been able to deployed hortonworks on azure and when i ssh -p 2222 root@localhost. it asked me for the root password and when i used entered the password i used to ssh through putty to port 22, it is given error permission denied and it the same password i entered when creating my VM. So am looking forward to anyone that can help me on how to go about solve this issues because and just starting to learn this HDP. thanks

15 REPLIES 15

Expert Contributor

If this is the HDP sandbox, root password is hadoop.

But if you installed HDP via IaaS on Azure, the root password is as you defined it in Azure (if you chose the password, non-ssh option). That is also assuming you defined the 'root' account as the password user.

The other option in Azure is use ssh, and thereby you will need to download the pem file, to access the host.

@Adedayo Adekeye

Heya, you mentioned deploying on Azure, but are SSH'ing into localhost? Try following this and see if it helps: https://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/port-forwarding-azure-sandbox/

Explorer

@Edgar Orendain. when i tried what was suggested from the link this was the error message i got:

bind: Address already in use channel_setup_fwd_listener: cannot listen to port: 8080

bind: Address already in use channel_setup_fwd_listener: cannot listen to port: 8888

bind: Address already in use channel_setup_fwd_listener: cannot listen to port: 9995

bind: Address already in use channel_setup_fwd_listener: cannot listen to port: 9996

bind: Address already in use channel_setup_fwd_listener: cannot listen to port: 8886

bind: Address already in use channel_setup_fwd_listener: cannot listen to port: 10500

bind: Address already in use channel_setup_fwd_listener: cannot listen to port: 4200

bind: Address already in use channel_setup_fwd_listener: cannot listen to port: 2222

Could not request local forwarding.

@Adedayo Adekeye

Do you already have an active connection to Azure open? Sounds like the ports are already bounded as they should be from another place. Check for active SSH connections, or sandboxes actively running on Virtualbox/Docker.

New Contributor

@Adedayo Adekeye I am facing the same issue, Could not request local forwarding. Did you get the issue resolved? If so could you please help me out?

Explorer

@Edgar Orendain. i just tried to deployed and hdp on azure and after the deployment i tried to the forwarding put without opening it the port first on azure vm security first apart from the default ssh but this was the error i got:

"~/.ssh/config" E212: Can't open file for writing

@Adedayo Adekeye

Have you tried writing to that file as superuser? E.g. "sudo vi ~/.ssh/config" ?

Explorer

@Edgar Orendain. yes the same error message.

@Adedayo Adekeye

I'd be sure that the file isn't currently open or used anywhere. You mentioned before that you were able to get this file created and run the suggested SSH command, so something may have happened between then and now that's stopping you from making changes to this file.