Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

when i import a table from hbase the table is imported successfully but when i scan the table iam getting the error ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.UnknownScannerException: Name: 120, already closed? please help me??

Rising Star
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

Increase the value of hbase.client.scanner.timeout.period. Make sure that hbase.rpc.timeout is at least as large as hbase.scanner.timeout. Most likely, the client took too much time rendering the data in your terminal and the scanner in the HBase RegionServer memory was closed to free resources. When the client went to fetch the next batch of records, the regionserver informed your client that it already closed the scanner you were trying to use.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Guru

Increase the value of hbase.client.scanner.timeout.period. Make sure that hbase.rpc.timeout is at least as large as hbase.scanner.timeout. Most likely, the client took too much time rendering the data in your terminal and the scanner in the HBase RegionServer memory was closed to free resources. When the client went to fetch the next batch of records, the regionserver informed your client that it already closed the scanner you were trying to use.

Rising Star

Thank you Very Much @Josh Elser