Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

when running sqoop through shell script in Oozie, getting FileNotFoundException job.splitmetainfo

Master Mentor

can't find any solution to this error, sqoop in the shell script runs fine on the command line but not in Oozie

org.apache.hadoop.yarn.exceptions.YarnRuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not exist: hdfs://servername:8020/user/username/.staging/job_1444331888071_2109/job.splitmetainfo
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.job.impl.JobImpl$InitTransition.createSplits(JobImpl.java:1568)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.job.impl.JobImpl$InitTransition.transition(JobImpl.java:1432)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.job.impl.JobImpl$InitTransition.transition(JobImpl.java:1390)
at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.state.StateMachineFactory$MultipleInternalArc.doTransition(StateMachineFactory.java:385)
at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.state.StateMachineFactory.doTransition(StateMachineFactory.java:302)
at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.state.StateMachineFactory.access$300(StateMachineFactory.java:46)
at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.state.StateMachineFactory$InternalStateMachine.doTransition(StateMachineFactory.java:448)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.job.impl.JobImpl.handle(JobImpl.java:996)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.job.impl.JobImpl.handle(JobImpl.java:138)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.MRAppMaster$JobEventDispatcher.handle(MRAppMaster.java:1312)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.MRAppMaster.serviceStart(MRAppMaster.java:1080)
at org.apache.hadoop.service.AbstractService.start(AbstractService.java:193)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.MRAppMaster$4.run(MRAppMaster.java:1519)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:415)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1657)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.MRAppMaster.initAndStartAppMaster(MRAppMaster.java:1515)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.MRAppMaster.main(MRAppMaster.java:1448)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not exist: hdfs://servername:8020/user/username/.staging/job_1444331888071_2109/job.splitmetainfo
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem$22.doCall(DistributedFileSystem.java:1309)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem$22.doCall(DistributedFileSystem.java:1301)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystemLinkResolver.resolve(FileSystemLinkResolver.java:81)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.getFileStatus(DistributedFileSystem.java:1301)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.split.SplitMetaInfoReader.readSplitMetaInfo(SplitMetaInfoReader.java:51)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.job.impl.JobImpl$InitTransition.createSplits(JobImpl.java:1563)
... 17 more
2015-10-23 15:45:55,263 INFO [main] org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.MRAppMaster: MRAppMaster launching normal, non-uberized
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

closing this as I was able to write a sqoop action in shell.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Have you tried passing the sqoop command with arguments

<action name="sqoopAction">
    <sqoop xmlns="uri:oozie:sqoop-action:0.2">
        <command>SQOOP COMMAND AND ARGS</command>
    </sqoop>
</action

Master Mentor

sqoop is being called from a shell action, no choice in that.

Can you add more details? What is your workflow xml like? I am guessing you have already tried embedding the Sqoop command with args in exec tag.

Master Mentor

@Artem Ervits

Please see this

Master Mentor

the requirement is to call sqoop command from a shell action, there's looping going on and needs more flexibility than using a sqoop action in Oozie. I am aware of all the possible ways of sqooping in Oozie, for some reason calling a shell action and sqoop within it, throws the error above and my question is what is the fix for that error. Why does it complain about

1. org.apache.hadoop.yarn.exceptions.YarnRuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException:File does not exist: hdfs://servername:8020/user/username/.staging/job_1444331888071_2109/job.splitmetainf

Master Mentor

I wonder if user calling the workflow exists in all the nodes and has directory and permission in place.

Could you check?

Master Mentor

it's actually similar error to this https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-3056, I wonder if it reared its ugly head in Hadoop 2.7.1

Master Mentor

That's why I asked "I wonder if user calling the workflow exists in all the nodes and has directory and permission in place.

Could you check?" 🙂

Master Mentor

yes I'll check again, we're echoing whoami and hostname in the script.