Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

ValidateCsv with some example

New Contributor

Hello All,

New to the Nifi Community. Just few days back have started going through this tool. Wanted to carry out some ETL process with help of nifi.

We have a csv file which has some fixed columns, i would like to validate the column values whether it matches the predefined data type or not. I am sure validateCsv does the same but i have difficulty in configuring it. Even the documentation does not contain any sample example which shows hows its configured to get some desired end result.

It would be of great help if some one shows a dummy example as to how i can use it to validate column values datatype.

Thanks,

Suhrid Ghosh

1 REPLY 1

Master Guru
@Suhrid Ghosh

Use record oriented processors for this case, as these processors validates the records based on the Record Reader controller service,Validate Record processor which does the same exact validation as you need.

Refer to this link for configuring/usage of Validate Record processor with example.

-

If the Answer helped to resolve your issue, Click on Accept button below to accept the answer, That would be great help to Community users to find solution quickly for these kind of issues.