Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

yarn.timeline-service.store-class property must be changed for App Timeline Server to start without error

Contributor

This occurs with Ambari 2.2.1 installing HDP 2.3.

This error occurs when App Timeline Server tries to start unless the Yarn Property "yarn.timeline-service.store-class" is changed from "org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.timeline.EntityGroupFSTimelineStore" to "org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.timeline.LeveldbTimelineStore". Why and what can I do about it without having to change this property during the Ambari install? Here is the error:

INFO service.AbstractService (AbstractService.java:noteFailure(272)) - Service org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.applicationhistoryservice.ApplicationHistoryServer failed in state INITED; cause: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.timeline.EntityGroupFSTimelineStore not found

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

This is one of the known issues. Take a look at this and other known issues and fixes here

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Guru

This is one of the known issues. Take a look at this and other known issues and fixes here

Contributor

I was hoping for something I could do before starting Ambari to resolve this. I had seen the suggested solution and have been using it.

Guru

You can take a look at this review board discussion (https://reviews.apache.org/r/43557/)

That corresponding change in ambari will only work from HDP-2.3.4+ . But since ambari couldn't support 2 different properties for third level version number (2.3.x change), they ended up leaving as is and calling it a known issue. If you upgrade to 2.3.4, you won't see this issue. But for ones before that, this is being called out as known issue which is not going to be fixed.

Contributor

Is there a repository from which to do an original install for HDP 2.3.4? I only saw instructions for an upgrade.

Guru

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.3.4.7/index.html

From ambari, when you select HDP, instead of 2.4, go to 2.3. Repos should show that its pointing to 2.3.4.7

Contributor

Thank you.