Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

[zeppelin] Error trying to load dependecies and execute basic interpreter code

Contributor

Hello,

I am working on a cluster with an installation of HDP-2.5.

I am trying to load dependency in zeppelin using the traditional way (I tried to register the repo in zeppelin and to add the dependency in the spark interpreter but it is not working better than this method so...) and to execute some code at the interpreter level.

The execution of the div in order to include the dependency and the execution of the code is systematically failing.

I am left with a non working zeppelin.

Note: I reinstalled it but it did not change anything.

Note2: zeppelin logs are available in attachment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Can you try removing the interpreter.json and start Zeppelin? Zeppelin will create the default interpreter.json on start

You can locate this file under /etc/zeppelin/conf

Also can you list the dependencies here?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Contributor

Can you try removing the interpreter.json and start Zeppelin? Zeppelin will create the default interpreter.json on start

You can locate this file under /etc/zeppelin/conf

Also can you list the dependencies here?

Contributor

It works ! Thanks.

Do you have any idea about the cause however ?

Contributor

Could be due to some issue in the dep. When you say traditional way, did you mean %dep interpreter? or you did "Load Dependencies to Interpreter" method mentioned in https://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/0.6.2/manual/dependencymanagement.html

Contributor

I tried both methods and just the first one with %spark.dep or %dep is working. Not the latter you signaled, however much more interesting for me of course.

For the latter method I declared a repository with ID: "hortonwork" and URL: "http://repo.hortonworks.com/content/groups/public/"

I edited the spark interpreter and added this line to dependency:

com.hortonworks:shc-core:1.0.1-1.6-s_2.10 (I checked manually that the jar is indeed here.)