Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Who agreed with this topic

PIG script does not work from HUE - YARN is pointing to MapReduce JobTrackers on 50030 after upgrade

Rising Star

When I launch a simple MapReduce Pig script from Hue that requires data from HDFS, I receive an error that there is no such user as admin.

I recently upgraded from CDH 4.7 to CDH 5.1.0. I am using CM 5.0 to manage the cluster. I am using HDFS, Hue 3.6.0, and YARN with MRv2. The script simply reads from a file and cross joins with another file. The script worked on CDH 4.7, but fails after the upgrade to CDH 5.1.

I found no logs in Hue that were helpful, but in the YARN Resource Manager I found a very useful log:

2014-08-13 13:24:37,322 INFO org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.rmapp.RMAppImpl: application_1405638744143_0028 State change from NEW_SAVING to SUBMITTED
2014-08-13 13:24:37,379 WARN org.apache.hadoop.security.ShellBasedUnixGroupsMapping: got exception trying to get groups for user admin
org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ExitCodeException: id: admin: No such user

at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.runCommand(Shell.java:511)
	at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.run(Shell.java:424)
	at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ShellCommandExecutor.execute(Shell.java:656)
	at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.execCommand(Shell.java:745)
	at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.execCommand(Shell.java:728)
	at org.apache.hadoop.security.ShellBasedUnixGroupsMapping.getUnixGroups(ShellBasedUnixGroupsMapping.java:84)
	at org.apache.hadoop.security.ShellBasedUnixGroupsMapping.getGroups(ShellBasedUnixGroupsMapping.java:52)
	at org.apache.hadoop.security.Groups.getGroups(Groups.java:139)
	at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.getGroupNames(UserGroupInformation.java:1415)
	at org.apache.hadoop.security.authorize.AccessControlList.isUserAllowed(AccessControlList.java:222)
	at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.fair.AllocationConfiguration.hasAccess(AllocationConfiguration.java:225)
	at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.fair.FSQueue.hasAccess(FSQueue.java:150)
	at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.fair.FairScheduler.addApplication(FairScheduler.java:622)
	at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.fair.FairScheduler.handle(FairScheduler.java:1201)
	at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.fair.FairScheduler.handle(FairScheduler.java:122)
	at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager$SchedulerEventDispatcher$EventProcessor.run(ResourceManager.java:585)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
2014-08-13 13:24:37,381 WARN org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation: No groups available for user admin
2014-08-13 13:24:37,381 INFO org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.fair.FairScheduler: Accepted application application_1405638744143_0028 from user: admin, in queue: default, currently num of applications: 4
Who agreed with this topic