Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Who agreed with this topic

Potential misconfiguration detected - Hue - Hive Editor - HiveServer2

Contributor

Dear Friends

We have just upgraded our CM and CDH from 5.2 to 5.3 successfully. Hue was also working fine.

• Today, when I login to Hue, I got the following message:

Potential misconfiguration detected. Fix and restart Hue. Hive Editor: The application won't work without a running HiveServer2.

• Then I clicked on the Hive editor link in Hue, the database area just try to refresh the sample table list and running a simple select statement generates the error below. Would you please help?

Your query has the following error(s):java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient

The strange thing is, if I login with another user to Hue, it do not show me this message above and also I can run the sample query in Hive error fine.

I can see other people have the same issue as below:

http://community.cloudera.com/t5/Apache-Hadoop-Concepts-and/Problem-with-CDH-5-VM-quot-Potential-mis...

P.S. Manually refreshing the table in Hive editor did not work and even reinstalling the same tables in Hue generated the following info:

Could not install table: Error creating table sample_07: Bad status for request TExecuteStatementReq(confOverlay={}, sessionHandle=TSessionHandle(sessionId=THandleIdentifier(secret='e\(replaced by me for security reason J)', guid='\x(again replaced by me for security reason J)')), runAsync=True, statement="CREATE TABLE `sample_07` (\n `code` string ,\n `description` string ,\n `total_emp` int ,\n `salary` int )\nROW FORMAT DELIMITED\n FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\t'\nSTORED AS TextFile"): TExecuteStatementResp(status=TStatus(errorCode=10072, errorMessage='Error while compiling statement: FAILED: SemanticException [Error 10072]: Database does not exist: default', sqlState='42000', infoMessages=None, statusCode=3), operationHandle=None).

Thanks much for your support and please let me know if you have any question.

Kind regards

Andy

Who agreed with this topic