Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Who agreed with this topic

Permission denied when trying to open /webhdfs/v1/?op=LISTSTATUS: GSSException: Defective token dete

Explorer

Hi,

i have implemented kerberos in cloudera CDH-5.3 successfully and now able to restart the cluster and all services successfully. But when i open hdfs service in the remote machine's web browser and

goto -  NameNode Web UI (Active)-> and click  ->Utilities- Browse the file System, i get this error -

"Permission denied when trying to open /webhdfs/v1/?op=LISTSTATUS: GSSException: Defective token detected (Mechanism level: GSSHeader did not find the right tag)"

Why am i getting this error and not able to browse the files in my hdfs?? Is it due to any files permission that need to be changed??

I googled the above error but all that i get is  they are pointing towards kerberos implementation on webserver, but i have not implemented any kerberos on webserver so i think i don't need to do any changes in web browser's settings.

Who agreed with this topic