Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Who agreed with this topic

Cloudera Manager Hangs When Installing Parcels

Explorer

Hello,

Been working with Cloudera for about 2 years now and up until recently, when the Cloudera Express 5.9 version was released, I had no issue adding a cluster. Starting with 5.9, when adding a cluster, I can find and select the hosts, parcels, install the CM agent and get a good status on a heartbeat. When the Installing Selected Parcels step comes in, I show 100% downloaded, but 0/0 in Distributed, Unpacked, and Activated. The issue exists regardless of which parcel or how many types I choose to install. My logs show the new cluster has no member hosts. I then have to open a new window, add the hosts to the cluster, distribute and upgrade CDH to get the parcels to distribute, unpack, and activate.

I thought it may have been a bug within the Cloudera Express 5.9.1, so I stood a new server up and installed the trial version of Enterprise Data Hub 5.10.1 only to have the same result. I can't find Cloudera reporting this as a known issue or any other instances of this exact problem. Can someone please help?

My configuration is an AWS environment with a single RHEL 6.8 (CE 5.9.1) and RHEL 7.3 (EDH 5.10.1) server; I am not running single-user mode.

Below is from the Enterprise Data Hub trial version 5.10.1, however the same errors and issues exist in the Express 5.9.1 version.

An excerpt of the log:

2017-03-30 16:13:48,639 WARN ParcelUpdateService:com.cloudera.parcel.components.ParcelInstallerImpl: Error while installing parcel
com.cloudera.parcel.ParcelException: Cluster <b>cluster</b> has no member hosts. Add hosts to the cluster and then try again.
        at com.cloudera.parcel.components.ParcelManagerImpl.distribute(ParcelManagerImpl.java:362)
        at com.cloudera.parcel.components.ParcelInstallerImpl.handleJob(ParcelInstallerImpl.java:173)
        at com.cloudera.parcel.components.ParcelInstallerImpl.run(ParcelInstallerImpl.java:145)
        at com.cloudera.parcel.components.ParcelInstallerImpl.run(ParcelInstallerImpl.java:34)
        at com.cloudera.cmf.persist.ReadWriteDatabaseTaskCallable.call(ReadWriteDatabaseTaskCallable.java:36)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Screenshot of where it hangs:

clusterinstallhang.JPG

Back at the Dashboard

Cluster-no-hosts.JPG

The hosts have the agent installed and appear in good condition:

cluster-allhosts.JPG

Thanks in advance.

Who agreed with this topic