Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Who agreed with this topic

Impala daemon fail to start CDH 5.11.1 - unable to start it even after clean reinstall

Contributor

Hi ,

3 days ago I started to test hadoop cloudera HA over CDH 5.11 using 4 nodes 8GB ram , 4 cores (google compute engines)

All nodes where defined as data nodes .

During these tests I have restarted nodes .

After a while there there was 1 node which did not succeed to start the impala services than 2 and at last all of them .

No matter I restarted the Impala services or restarted one instance . The service did not succeed to run with no informative error message in impala logs files and agent logs .

cloudera-scm-server log:

2017-06-22 11:50:26,011 INFO CommandPusher:com.cloudera.cmf.service.GenericBringUpRoleCommand: BringUp command (119) has finished on service impala for role 61/impala-IMPALAD-9cfb5b1ab405f5aa4093cb4531cd05dd, with status FAILURE and message MessageWithArgs{messageId=message.command.role.bringUp.supervisor.fatal, args=[]}

cloudera-scm-agent log -  nothing significant.

I have deleted the service and created it once again . Did solve the problem.

Deleted the services restarted all machined - again did not help .

I have Uninstalled cloudera in all machined using this link

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-8-x/topics/cm_ig_uninstall_cm.html

restarted all machined and created the cluster once again  it failed on creating the impala services .

All other services are working with no issues (HDFS, YARN,ZOOKEEPER,OOZIE)

What is going on ?

Do I miss something ?

I have QA ENV with failed impala instance with no remedy .

I'm afraid to have this problem in production.

Appreciate your help .

Many thanks

Alon

Who agreed with this topic