You can follow the below steps to upgrade your Spectrum Scale transparency.
1. Download the latest HDFS Transparency connector (gpfs.hdfs-protocol.rpm)
2. Delete the old rpm from your local repository. There should be only one hdfs-protocol rpm in the RPMs directory.
3. Place the latest rpm downloaded in Step 2 in the directory.
4. Refresh the local repository to pick up the latest rpm.
cd <local rpm repository dir>
5. Stop all services from ambari
Ambari -> Actions -> Stop All
6. Upgrade transparency
Ambari -> Spectrum scale -> Service Actions -> Upgrade Transparency
7. Restart ambari server
8. Start all services from ambari
Ambari -> Actions -> Start All
You can check SpectrumScale installation here.
Download Transparency connector from here
Hope this helps :)
@Aditya : Thank, this is really informative