Created on 01-10-201705:35 PM - edited 09-16-202201:38 AM
After creating a cluster on the HDCLoud for AWS, you may notice that certain ports are not opened by default, so you may need to manually open these ports by editing the inbound access on the security group.
In this tutorial, I will show you how to open YARN Resource Manager UI (8088) and Hive UI (10502) ports by manually editing the inbound access on the master node security group.
Let’s get started!
1. On AWS, from the Services menu, select EC2 to navigate to the EC2 console:
2. In the left pane, in the INSTANCES section, click on Instances.
Note: If you can’t see your instances, check the top right corner to make sure that you are in the correct region.
3. Identify the instance corresponding to your master node and. The name of the instance should be <your-cluster-name>-1-master. Next, select that instance. This will allow you to see the Description tab, which includes the link to the security group configuration:
4. Click on the security group URL to open the Security Group section.
5. Select the Inbound tab:
6. Check if 8088 and 10502 are found in the Port Range column. If not, add them by clicking the Edit button, then Add Rule, and add a new Custom TCP Rule for port 8088 with source “0.0.0.0/0”. Next, do the same for port 10502. Save changes by hitting the Save button.