SYMPTOM: - Enabled Ranger Kafka plugin via Ambari and restarted kafka service.
- kafka logs still populating with "Ranger Plugin returned null" error
- check ranger logs and could not see any info about kafka policy download
- checked /etc/ranger/test_kafka/policycache/ and the json file in that is empty!
bash-4.1# cd /etc/ranger/test_kafka/
bash-4.1# cd policycache/
bash-4.1# ls -ltr
-rw-r--r-- 1 kafka hadoop 0 Mar 2 16:00 kafka_test_kafka.json_old
-rw-r--r-- 1 kafka hadoop 0 Mar 16 11:30 kafka_test_kafka.json_old1
-rw-r--r-- 1 kafka hadoop 0 Mar 16 12:27 kafka_test_kafka.json
- checked Test Connection for Kafka repo in Ranger. It was successful.
- The Ranger plugin audits, did not have info on the kafka plugin sync.
- Thus the kafka plugin is not being synced in this case. Policy refresh not working.
- Tried deleting the default kafka policy and created a new one however issue still exists.
- Tried to use REST API to get the policy details however no output.