Community Articles

Find and share helpful community-sourced technical articles.
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!
Master Guru

Initially I had installed hdp2.1 with ambari 1.7, then I upgraded ambari to 2.1.2 and upgraded hdp stack to 2.2.0.0 as per this documentation.

As per below note I had to delete STORM_UI_SERVER component:

"In HDP 2.2, STORM_REST_API component was deleted because the service was moved into STORM_UI_SERVER. When upgrading from HDP 2.1 to 2.2, you must delete this component using the API as follows"

I tried deleting it using ambari REST APIs:

First stop the component using below command:

curl -u admin:admin -X PUT -H 'X-Requested-By:1' -d '{"RequestInfo":{"context":"Stop Component"},"Body":{"HostRoles":{"state":"INSTALLED"}}}' http://hdpambari.hortonworks.com:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/hosts/hdpambari.hortonworks.com/host_compon...

Then Delete using below curl call.

curl -u admin:admin -X DELETE -H 'X-Requested-By:1' http://hdpambari.hortonworks.com:8080/api/v1/clusters/hdpambari/services/STORM/components/STORM_REST...;

It did not work because stop command did not complete successfully.

Error :

"message" : "org.apache.ambari.server.controller.spi.SystemException: An internal system exception occurred: Could not delete service component from cluster. To remove service component, it must be in DISABLED/INIT/INSTALLED/INSTALL_FAILED/UNKNOWN/UNINSTALLED/INSTALLING state

The only option was to remove this component completely from ambari database and restart ambari-server/agent procs.

Here is the short summary of what commands I ran:

[root@hdpambari ~]# psql ambari ambari
Password for user
ambari:
psql (8.4.20)
Type
"help" for help.

ambari=> delete from hostcomponentstate where component_name='STORM_REST_API';
DELETE 1

ambari=> delete from hostcomponentdesiredstate where component_name='STORM_REST_API';
DELETE 1

ambari=> delete from servicecomponentdesiredstate where component_name='STORM_REST_API';
DELETE 1

ambari=> commit;
WARNING:  there is no transaction in progress
COMMIT
ambari=> \q
[root@hdpambari ~]#

This resolved my issue. hope this helps 🙂

Version history
Last update:
‎11-05-2015 07:29 AM
Updated by:
Contributors