Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

AMBARI UI LOGIN ISSUE : SERVER ERROR : VERY URGENT

Contributor

Hi all, i was able to to login yesterday but when im trying to login today i'm facing this issue.

107151-1552499885836.png

Here is the output of ambari-server status from terminal

107161-1552500103125.png

Screen Shot of /var/log/ambari-server

107171-1552500225390.png

Also, here i attach the amabri-server.log ambari-server.txt

Any help is appreciated a lot. Thanks in advance

@Jay Kumar SenSharma @Geoffrey Shelton Okot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Deepak SANAGAPALLI

The following kind of message indicates some filesystem issue:

Unable to access /var/log/ambari-server directory. Confirm the directory is created and is writable by Ambari Server user account 'root'

So please check if you have the mentioned directory created and you are able to create some dummy files inside that dir.

# echo "Test" > /var/log/ambari-server/test.log
# mkdir -p /var/log/ambari-server/one

Check if somehow the "/var/log" filesystem has become read-only by any chance? May be rebooting the host will help in such cases.

Also please check if the file "ambari.properties" is showing correct username there:

# grep 'ambari-server.user' /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties
ambari-server.user=root

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Mentor

@Deepak SANAGAPALLI

The following kind of message indicates some filesystem issue:

Unable to access /var/log/ambari-server directory. Confirm the directory is created and is writable by Ambari Server user account 'root'

So please check if you have the mentioned directory created and you are able to create some dummy files inside that dir.

# echo "Test" > /var/log/ambari-server/test.log
# mkdir -p /var/log/ambari-server/one

Check if somehow the "/var/log" filesystem has become read-only by any chance? May be rebooting the host will help in such cases.

Also please check if the file "ambari.properties" is showing correct username there:

# grep 'ambari-server.user' /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties
ambari-server.user=root

Master Mentor

@Deepak SANAGAPALLI

Ambari simply makes the following Python call to check if it is able to create directories inside the failing directory with 0755 permission or not?
https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/release-2.7.3/ambari-server/src/main/python/ambari_server/serv...

Contributor

Hey Thanks alot @Jay Kumar SenSharma it did work after reboot. But Now i'm facing different issue HST agent is redirecting to fail mode after restart. can you please help on this.