Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

ATLAS UI authnetication with holger_gov gives invalid credentials on HDP sandbox 3.1.1.3.0.1.0-187

Expert Contributor

103409-sandbox-version.png

103410-curl.png

103411-invalid.png

103412-grep.png

Hi All,

I am working on HDP sandbox and trying to login into ATLAS UI with user holger_gov and same as password however it give me invalid credentials. Looked for a solution on this community however it did not fix my issue

chnaged the authorizer to simple and restarted but did not work so changed it back to ranger and tried again.

I see that atlas user is in the OS shown in screenshots

Some of the screenshots detailing my situation are shown below

please need any help

Thanks

Dhieru

103408-grep.png

103407-curl.png

103406-invalid.png

103405-sandbox-version.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

@dhieru singh, If you enable atlas .authorizer.impl = ranger, then you need to add policies in ranger admin for atlas service.

You can close the thread if above answer have resolved the issue.

Thanks

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Expert Contributor

@dhieru singh can you please check if user holger_gov exists in users-credentials.properties stored in directory /usr/hdp/current/atlas-server/conf/

Expert Contributor

@Nixon Rodrigues Thanks for the response, appreciate your help

No there is no holger_gov in the users-credentails.properties file.

Attached is the image

103452-user-credentails.png

how do I add the user holger_gov in here?

Expert Contributor

@Nixon Rodrigues I was able to add the user holger_gov in the users-credentials.properties file.

For users having the same issue, they need to edit the users-credentials.properties file using vi or any editor

holger_gov=<ROLE YOU want to give>::<sha256sum of the password>

in order to generate the sha256sum use the below command in *nix terminal

echo -n "yourpassword" | sha256sum

it will give you some output like below

4d20573d20756b4b2cd80e41def04b52907710000b038f0f901d4b568e254fc6 -

copy the sum till 6 leave out the space and - (dash) and paste it in the users-credentials.properties files.

Restart you ATLAS server from ambari, and it will work

Thanks again to @Nixon Rodrigues

Another question? Do I also need to cretae and add policy-store.txt , as of now I do not have any such file in the directory /usr/hdp/current/atlas-server/conf/.

Thanks

Dhieru

Expert Contributor
Another question? Do I also need to cretae and add policy-store.txt , as of now I do not have any such file in the directory/usr/hdp/current/atlas-server/conf/.

Do not add policy-store.txt for HDP3, Please check if atlas-simple-authz-policy.json present, if not add atlas-simple-authz-policy.json and edit the JSON file to add the role for your user holger_gov or its group.

HTH

Expert Contributor

@Nixon Rodrigues Thanks a lot for the help yes it did help I am using HDP3.1 sandbox.

I went ahead and added the user holger_gov in the userRoles section as shown below

103458-user-roles.png

however I am not able to see the metadata of hive tables and lineage in Atlas UI. The Atlas UI looks like below

103459-atlas-ui.png

In addition when I searched in this community, they advised to run hive-import.sh, when I did that, I receive the following error using "holger_gov" as user

103460-holger-gov.png

using "admin" as user

103461-admin.png

Is this related to ranger? when I to hdfs dfs -ls /user I do not see holger_gov user, but then admin is there so admin should work.

103462-users.png

Do I need to change the below property from ambari ? from ranger to simple

atlas.authorizer.impl = simple? at present it is ranger

I am confused now apologies for long winded question

Thanks for your help!

Expert Contributor
@Nixon Rodrigues

After adding the user in atlas-simple-authz-policy.json and chnaging the property atlas.authorizer.impl = simple worked from me it is working now. Thanks a lot for your help.

103463-working-1.png

103464-working-2.png

However please do explain how it worked because I am confused after searching a lot in the community.

Thanks

dhieru

Expert Contributor

@dhieru singh, If you enable atlas .authorizer.impl = ranger, then you need to add policies in ranger admin for atlas service.

You can close the thread if above answer have resolved the issue.

Thanks

Expert Contributor

@Nixon Rodrigues I have tried adding ranger policies for atlas service however there is something I am doing wrong, probably I will ask as a different question. Thanks a lot and appreciate your help.

Dhieru