Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Access Beeline via LDAP without providing password

Super Collaborator

Is there a possibility to access beeline via LDAP+AD without providing the password? Any password-less connection is supported? I do not want to type my password everytime I want to get access to Beeline when I use "su" or opening more than one connection on the same host.

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

If you use LDAP and not kerberos then you need a password. However you can provide it with a password file

beeline -w ~/passfile for example. You just need to make sure the password file is only accessible by your user for security. Then you can just keep the beeline command in a shell script to execute it in a simple command.

Password less Su would be done in linux using the sudoer file. Password less ssh is done by adding the public key of the caller to the authorized file of the target host. If you need those.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Master Guru

If you use LDAP and not kerberos then you need a password. However you can provide it with a password file

beeline -w ~/passfile for example. You just need to make sure the password file is only accessible by your user for security. Then you can just keep the beeline command in a shell script to execute it in a simple command.

Password less Su would be done in linux using the sudoer file. Password less ssh is done by adding the public key of the caller to the authorized file of the target host. If you need those.