Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Add Atlas Service in ambari 2.4

Hi, I've been trying to add atlas 0.7 to ambari(2.4) cluster, the following configuration settings were asked to be filled in the customize service tab,

atlas.audit.hbase.zookeeper.quorum

atlas.graph.index.search.solr.zookeeper-url

atlas.graph.storage.hostname

I'm not sure what needs to be filled here..the services in the cluster includes

HDFS,YARN,MAPREDUCE,TEZ,HIVE,PIG,ZOOKEEPER,RANGER,SLIDER

in addition to that kafka was also required by atlas..

I'm getting an error saying "server error" when trying to add atlas, kafka and deploy the cluster.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Sujatha Veeswar

Please follow the below link to get atlas service deployed and configured properly. This has all the information related to dependencies and configuration settings needed for atlas.

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.5.3/bk_data-governance/content/ch_hdp_data_gove...

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Sujatha Veeswar

Please follow the below link to get atlas service deployed and configured properly. This has all the information related to dependencies and configuration settings needed for atlas.

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.5.3/bk_data-governance/content/ch_hdp_data_gove...

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

servererror.pngHi,

The problem was that i did not add Hbase service to the cluster, also now when i try to add i am facing the following issues,

hiveserver2 and history server are not getting started

if i try to start history server from ambari i am getting the following error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/YARN/2.1.0.2.0/package/scripts/historyserver.py", line 190, in <module>
    HistoryServer().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 280, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/YARN/2.1.0.2.0/package/scripts/historyserver.py", line 101, in start
    host_sys_prepped=params.host_sys_prepped)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/functions/copy_tarball.py", line 257, in copy_to_hdfs
    replace_existing_files=replace_existing_files,
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/base.py", line 155, in __init__
    self.env.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 160, in run
    self.run_action(resource, action)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 124, in run_action
    provider_action()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/providers/hdfs_resource.py", line 459, in action_create_on_execute
    self.action_delayed("create")
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/providers/hdfs_resource.py", line 456, in action_delayed
    self.get_hdfs_resource_executor().action_delayed(action_name, self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/providers/hdfs_resource.py", line 255, in action_delayed
    self._create_resource()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/providers/hdfs_resource.py", line 269, in _create_resource
    self._create_file(self.main_resource.resource.target, source=self.main_resource.resource.source, mode=self.mode)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/providers/hdfs_resource.py", line 322, in _create_file
    self.util.run_command(target, 'CREATE', method='PUT', overwrite=True, assertable_result=False, file_to_put=source, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/providers/hdfs_resource.py", line 179, in run_command
    _, out, err = get_user_call_output(cmd, user=self.run_user, logoutput=self.logoutput, quiet=False)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/functions/get_user_call_output.py", line 61, in get_user_call_output
    raise Fail(err_msg)
resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Execution of 'curl -sS -L -w '%{http_code}' -X PUT --data-binary @/usr/hdp/2.5.3.0-37/hadoop/mapreduce.tar.gz 'http://nnode.aws.atlas.bdaas.com:50070/webhdfs/v1/hdp/apps/2.5.3.0-37/mapreduce/mapreduce.tar.gz?op=CREATE&user.name=hdfs&overwrite=True&permission=444' 1>/tmp/tmp0SGg9U 2>/tmp/tmpf9vt5e' returned 52. curl: (52) Empty reply from server

after starting this server, the namenode automatically gets stopped.

@Sujatha Veeswar

If you are able to add atlas server with the help of below documents, could you please mark the answer and close it? thanks.