Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Add Service - BigSQL fails

All,

I have installed HDPv2.6.1 in single node server and adding new BigSQL service fails because of passwordless SSH failed. I configured passwordless ssh for userid: hdpadmin.

Why bigsql using root id ?

Here is the log:stderr: /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/errors-304.txt
Permission denied, please try again.
Permission denied, please try again.
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).

ERROR: Failed to deploy custom action script. RC = 65280 
Verify the user running Ambari has passwordless SSH to the Ambari server host and retry.

stdout:

Running Ambari as: root
Tokens in hdfs data path: [1]
2017-09-06 15:44:47,403 - Execute['sudo chown bigsql:hadoop /home/bigsql'] {}
2017-09-06 15:44:47,441 - Execute[' echo bigsql:[PROTECTED] | sudo /usr/sbin/chpasswd; exit 0'] {}

Going to update bigsql-head-env with properties: 
('bigsql_active_primary', ':', 'xx.xx.xx.one.com')

Running Ambari as: root
Tokens in hdfs data path: [1]
2017-09-06 15:44:51,064 - Execute['sudo chmod 755 /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/extensions/IBM-Big_SQL/5.0.1.0/services/BIGSQL/package; exit 0'] {}
2017-09-06 15:44:51,081 - Execute['sudo chmod 755 /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/extensions/IBM-Big_SQL/5.0.1.0/services/BIGSQL/package/scripts; exit 0'] {}
2017-09-06 15:44:51,097 - Execute['sudo chmod 755 /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/extensions/IBM-Big_SQL/5.0.1.0/services/BIGSQL/package/scripts/*; exit 0'] {}

Command failed after 1 tries
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Typically BigSQL should be installed on 3 nodes at minimum, with BigSQL Master node on one node and BigSQL worker node on the other two. Also establish passwordless ssh for root user from BigSQL master node to the worker nodes. You can find detailed instructions from IBM BigSQL Install document. Make sure that the pre-requisites are followed before installing BigSQL.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Typically BigSQL should be installed on 3 nodes at minimum, with BigSQL Master node on one node and BigSQL worker node on the other two. Also establish passwordless ssh for root user from BigSQL master node to the worker nodes. You can find detailed instructions from IBM BigSQL Install document. Make sure that the pre-requisites are followed before installing BigSQL.

Thanks Deepesh. Added BigSQL service a week ago.

New Contributor

Hi @Mohammed Niaz

I've the same errror described in you post.

1. 2017-09-0615:44:51,064-Execute['sudo chmod 755 /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/extensions/IBM-Big_SQL/5.0.1.0/services/BIGSQL/package; exit 0']{}
  2. 2017-09-0615:44:51,081-Execute['sudo chmod 755 /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/extensions/IBM-Big_SQL/5.0.1.0/services/BIGSQL/package/scripts; exit 0']{}
  3. 2017-09-0615:44:51,097-Execute['sudo chmod 755 /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/extensions/IBM-Big_SQL/5.0.1.0/services/BIGSQL/package/scripts/*; exit 0']{}

How do you solve it?

I start ambari as root user and I confiured ssh as described here:

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.5.2.0/bk_ambari-installation/content/set_up_passw...

Thank you very much

Regards

Hi @Andrea Bardone

Please post your stderr here to assist you. Thanks.

New Contributor

Hi @Mohammed Niaz,

we resolve the first problem.

Now, we've started to install BIGSQL: we've followed the guide https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSCRJT_5.0.1/com.ibm.swg.im.bigsql.install.doc/doc/hd...

and it's all ok.

Then now we're blocked in the ambari service configuration.

We're following this guide:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSCRJT_5.0.1/com.ibm.swg.im.bigsql.install.doc/doc/hd...

but after this step, during the installation:

1. You can review your selections in the Review page before accepting them. If you want to modify any values, click the Back button. If you are satisfied with your setup, click Deploy.

we obtain the error in attached file.(stderrtxt.txt)

Could you have some advice for me?

Thank you!

@Andrea Bardone

Error message says it's failed while downloading the db2luw package.

resource_management.core.exceptions.ExecutionFailed: Execution of '/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install db2luw_5_0_1_0' returned 1. Error downloading packages:
  db2luw_5_0_1_0-11.1.9.0-s170813.x86_64: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

Please run again and make sure you are connected to internet.