Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Add remote process group URL is not editable (?)

Contributor

When I drop a RemoteProcessorGroup on the grid the URL field is pre-populated and greyed out (Read Only). After filling in all the fields and pressing ADD I get a "Configuration Error - The specified remote process group URL is malformed". Any help with what I am doing wrong would be appreciated. Nifi-1.2.3.2.0.1.0-12

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

The initial value that is shown in the URL field is a placeholder to provide an example of the URL that is expected. All fields that do not have focus do have a light bluish color background. But once a field has focus the field should turn white. Additionally, once you start typing in place of the placeholder that example value should disappear.

What browser are you using? If your using an unsupported browser [1] you could see unexpected behavior.

Assuming the browser version is good, you might also try clearing your browser cache to ensure it's not picking up old styles from a previous NiFi version you may have used.

Feel free to respond with some screenshots if these don't help.

Thanks!

[1] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/user-guide.html#browser-support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rising Star

The initial value that is shown in the URL field is a placeholder to provide an example of the URL that is expected. All fields that do not have focus do have a light bluish color background. But once a field has focus the field should turn white. Additionally, once you start typing in place of the placeholder that example value should disappear.

What browser are you using? If your using an unsupported browser [1] you could see unexpected behavior.

Assuming the browser version is good, you might also try clearing your browser cache to ensure it's not picking up old styles from a previous NiFi version you may have used.

Feel free to respond with some screenshots if these don't help.

Thanks!

[1] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/user-guide.html#browser-support

Contributor

Chrome 55.0.2883.75 m, ok I found the issue. The default value is not editable, you have to replace the entire value. Thank you for the assist