Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari Server and Web Client versions do not match

Contributor

Im using ambari 2.4.1 and HDP 2.5 which was running absolutely fine. I have tried installing apache eagle on the clsuter and in the process ran eagle-ambari.sh script and from then onwards, i cant open ambari with version mismatch error. There is no much info on the earlier posts.

15762-capture.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Rajesh Reddy

You are not supposed to change the "/usr/lib/ambari-server/web/javascripts/app.js" manually.

If the ambari installation is properly done then you should get the correct version mentioned in the "app.js". Because this is done at the Ambari RPM Build time.

Ambari uses the following script to update the App.version during the time of RPM build.

https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/release-2.4.1/ambari-web/set-ambari-version.sh#L24

So if you see that your "/usr/lib/ambari-server/web/javascripts/app.js" was showing some other version then it indicates that during ambari upgrade on that host this file was not upgraded properly and hence there may be some other files as well that might not be upgraded properly which might be causing the Stuck UI issue.

Please try doing a ambari re-install as following to see it it helps: (Always recommended to take a fresh DB dump for safety)

yum reinstall ambari-server 

Can you let us know what was the older verison mentioned in the "App.version" ? Was it showing "2.0.0" earlier before your manual edit ?

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Master Mentor

@Rajesh Reddy

You will need to do a Hard Refresh on your browser.

For Example if you are using MAC (Google Chrome) then press "command + shift + R".

Clear the browser cache.

OR

try opening the browser in "Incognito Mode" (New Private Window) option from the Browser Menu.

Contributor

Hi @Jay SenSharma i have tried refresh and "Incognito Mode" but they didn't work.

Master Mentor

@Rajesh Reddy

This also happens sometimes if all the ambari RPMs are not properly upgraded. So can you please run the following command on ambari host and share the results (To see if all the RPM versions are same?)

# rpm -qa | grep ambari

Contributor

Hi @Jay SenSharma below are the details.

[root@server ~]#

[root@server ~]# rpm -qa | grep ambari

ambari-infra-solr-client-2.4.1.0-22.x86_64

ambari-metrics-hadoop-sink-2.4.1.0-22.x86_64

ambari-agent-2.4.1.0-22.x86_64

ambari-server-2.4.1.0-22.x86_64

ambari-metrics-monitor-2.4.1.0-22.x86_64

[root@server ~]# date Thu May 25 13:31:59 IST 2017

[root@server ~]#

Master Mentor

@Rajesh Reddy

Is that happening on any other browser as well ? (As normally it is related to browser caching)

Contributor

Hi @Jay SenSharma its on all browsers. i have tried uninstalling eagle ambari plugin as well that didn't work.

Contributor

@Jay SenSharma any idea where the amabri web client verion details are stored??

Contributor

I was able to come out of the error by manually editing the app.version parameter in /usr/lib/ambari-server/web/javascripts/app.js script.

var App = require('app');

App.version = '2.4.1.0';

But now my ambari UI is stuck in below screen.

15794-capture.png

Master Mentor

@Rajesh Reddy

You are not supposed to change the "/usr/lib/ambari-server/web/javascripts/app.js" manually.

If the ambari installation is properly done then you should get the correct version mentioned in the "app.js". Because this is done at the Ambari RPM Build time.

Ambari uses the following script to update the App.version during the time of RPM build.

https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/release-2.4.1/ambari-web/set-ambari-version.sh#L24

So if you see that your "/usr/lib/ambari-server/web/javascripts/app.js" was showing some other version then it indicates that during ambari upgrade on that host this file was not upgraded properly and hence there may be some other files as well that might not be upgraded properly which might be causing the Stuck UI issue.

Please try doing a ambari re-install as following to see it it helps: (Always recommended to take a fresh DB dump for safety)

yum reinstall ambari-server 

Can you let us know what was the older verison mentioned in the "App.version" ? Was it showing "2.0.0" earlier before your manual edit ?