Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari UI Login Issue user comes as null

Explorer

Prv account part of AD group is not getting sync'd to Ambari and default access is not working.

2020-01-07T15:18:15.345Z, User(null), RemoteIp(10.176.18.143), Operation(User login), Roles(
), Status(Failed), Reason(Authentication required)
2020-01-07T15:18:15.346Z, User(null), RemoteIp(10.176.18.143), Operation(User login), Roles(
), Status(Failed), Reason(Invalid JWT token)

Normal lanid works fine and both are part of same AD group which has admin privileges.

the login is direct and not via knox , another weird thing noticed is prv works fine for knox login

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

@jsensharma  - I have managed to resolve the issue for my case it was an issue with ambary ldap sync which I had to run with the existing option and that did the trick .

So this can be marked as closed now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Explorer

Just to add the LDAP sync for the AD group works fine for normal user and prv users doesn't reflect

Master Mentor

@singm125 

Which version of Ambari are you using ? 

I see that there is a JIRA opened and addressed in Ambari 2.7.4 for addressing the "null" user appearing in "ambari-audit.log" 

[JIRA] Ambari audit log shows "null" user when executing an API call : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-25234

Explorer

@jsensharma  - I have managed to resolve the issue for my case it was an issue with ambary ldap sync which I had to run with the existing option and that did the trick .

So this can be marked as closed now.