Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari View: How many users per server

Do we have a guideline on how many users which should be running per ambari view servers ? What are the guidelines ? Do we have a spec for a "server" ? I was thinking to install Ambari View on a VM.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Right now we've in production two HDP 2.3.2 clusters with a separate installation of Ambari View using the same DB (also on a separate VM). We're experiencing that on a 128 GB with 8 vCore we've 46/52 concurrent users (they use HDFS, Hive, DAG and Pig views).

From our experience it's a best practice to leave Ambari (management) alone on a VM with Ambari Metrics and Ambari Views on two separate VM.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Master Mentor

@Olivier Renault

I am with you on separating out the Ambari views on separate vm/server.

Also, please see this LINK

Server configs : This is not official and always changes based on the cost/availability of resources.

VM configs

128GB to 256 GB (Assuming high view traffic)

16 vCPU

491-screen-shot-2015-11-17-at-65958-am.png

492-screen-shot-2015-11-17-at-72305-am.png

@Neeraj, thanks, could you confirm if we need a share db for ambari view or each view server is using a standalone DB. Also how many concurrent users do you expect to manage with 128G / 16vCPU ?

Master Mentor

@Olivier Renault Ambari Server instances should point to the same Ambari DB. I have updated the answer.

I don't have the number on concurrent users as of now.

Master Mentor

@Olivier Renault Were you able to find more information on this?

Rising Star

Right now we've in production two HDP 2.3.2 clusters with a separate installation of Ambari View using the same DB (also on a separate VM). We're experiencing that on a 128 GB with 8 vCore we've 46/52 concurrent users (they use HDFS, Hive, DAG and Pig views).

From our experience it's a best practice to leave Ambari (management) alone on a VM with Ambari Metrics and Ambari Views on two separate VM.

Master Mentor

Thanks @Andrea D'Orio ...This is good information. How many nodes in the cluster?

Rising Star

Right now only 22... but they're planning an upgrade next year. I'm waiting the OK for the benchmarks

@Andrea D'Orio

Thanks for sharing, indeed we need information like this. keep sharing 🙂