Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari Web Connection failed <>:<> ()

Contributor

Hi everyone!

I am new on Hortonworks and I recently installed HDP in my 2 node cluster; but the problema I have is that not all the components were installed correctly, and I have some critical alerts in the dashboard of Ambari web interface. I get the next errors:

"Connection failed <<name_host>>:<<port>> (<urlopen error [Errno 111] Connection refused>)"

Why is that error happening?

Thank you so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

cuserspfctic2desktopambari-clean-instructions.txt

Finally I got the answer for the problem. I really don't know what happened but it seemed that the connections between nodes were not correctly configured. To solve the problem, I started the cluster configuration again, but first of all, I cleaned up the hosts using the commands that I let you in the next document.

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Contributor

Check if the FQDN of all your nodes can be resolved from the machines trying to connect. Are you running this cluster in local virtual machines (VirtualBox, for example)? What network options have you set for them?

Contributor

I am running the hosts in 2 virtual machines, and I don't know exactly which network options do I have, because I didn't configure it...

Contributor

Are the IP addresses correct from the Ambari Web UI (I have posted an image in a comment below)?

Contributor

Are these IP addresses correct from the Ambari Web UI?

7893-captura.png

Contributor

cuserspfctic2desktopambari-clean-instructions.txt

Finally I got the answer for the problem. I really don't know what happened but it seemed that the connections between nodes were not correctly configured. To solve the problem, I started the cluster configuration again, but first of all, I cleaned up the hosts using the commands that I let you in the next document.

Hope it helps!