Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari cluster with Kerberos - wrong principal expected

Contributor

I have successfully enabled Kerberos for Ambari managed cluster. I have used the Wizard to generate the principals and everything. However the datanodes do not connect to namenodes. The reason is following:

2016-07-08 16:10:54,753 INFO ipc.Server (Server.java:doRead(891)) - Socket Reader #1 for port 8020: readAndProcess from client 172.30.52.137 threw exception [org.apache.hadoop.security.authorize.AuthorizationException: User dn/hadoop-poc2-02.int.na.prodxxx.com@HADOOPXXX.COM (auth:KERBEROS) is not authorized for protocol interface org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.protocol.DatanodeProtocol, expected client Kerberos principal is dn/172.30.52.137@HADOOPXXX.COM]

They expect principals containing IP address instead of hostnames... I have checked the keytabs and it is generated properly:

Keytab name: FILE:dn.service.keytab
KVNO Principal
---- --------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 dn/hadoop-poc2-02.int.na.prodxxx.com@HADOOPXXX.COM

Any hints?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login
3 REPLIES 3

@Milan Sladky

Are you sure that the hostname resolution is correct at your end? like `hostname -f` or "/etc/hosts" file ...etc.

It looks suspect because the Error indicates IPAddress "expected client Kerberos principal is dn/172.30.52.137@HADOOPXXX.COM]"

Where as your keytabs looks more valid with the hostname "dn/hadoop-poc2-02.int.na.prodxxx.com@HADOOPXXX.COM"

Contributor

The hostname resolution works fine. However the issue is very likely in reverse lookups for IP addresses.

Contributor
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login