Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Apache Atlas Started but with Errors and Warnings

Rising Star

I have followed the following link to build and install Apache Atlas

Link: http://atlas.incubator.apache.org/InstallationSteps.html

And selected to install the embedded-hbase-solr profile, but when I started Atlas after installation it is showing me the following errors and warning.

11468-question-apache-atlas-started-with-errors-and-warn.jpg

I have also tried to see which version is running curl -v http://localhost:21000/api/atlas/admin/version but it is giving the following:

* Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache * Trying 127.0.0.1... * connect to 127.0.0.1 port 21000 failed: Connection refused * Failed to connect to localhost port 21000: Connection refused * Closing connection 0 curl: (7) Failed to connect to localhost port 21000: Connection refused

Kindly let me know how shall I proceed to ensure Altas is working in the correct order. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanking you in anticipation.

Kind Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

I think you have to build the server using "mvn clean install -Pdist,<your hbase profile name>", once this is done you need to navigate to the distro/target/ folder and then run the atlas_start.py from there.

HTH

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

Expert Contributor

That's weird. Maybe there are some unnecessary files there in the directory. Either do a git clean on that or run mvn clean install -DskipTests -Pdist,berkeley-elasticsearch -Drat.numUnapprovedLicenses=100

HTH.

Rising Star
@anaik

when I run the command 'mvn clean install -Pdist,embedded-hbase-solr -DskipITs' it is still pointing to the same error saying 'Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugns:maven-surefire-plugin:2.18.1:test (default-test) on project atlas-notification: There are test failures'

Rising Star

This is the exact message I am getting:

11631-mojofailureexception.png

Expert Contributor

Can you dump the maven logs here ? Need more context on what might be failing. The same command seems to be working fine for me.

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO] 
[INFO] Apache Atlas Server Build Tools .................... SUCCESS [  0.612 s]
[INFO] apache-atlas ....................................... SUCCESS [  5.822 s]
[INFO] Apache Atlas Integration ........................... SUCCESS [ 29.446 s]
[INFO] Apache Atlas Common ................................ SUCCESS [  8.293 s]
[INFO] Apache Atlas Typesystem ............................ SUCCESS [ 50.725 s]
[INFO] Apache Atlas Client ................................ SUCCESS [  8.318 s]
[INFO] Apache Atlas Server API ............................ SUCCESS [  4.615 s]
[INFO] Apache Atlas Notification .......................... SUCCESS [ 24.134 s]
[INFO] Apache Atlas Graph Database Projects ............... SUCCESS [  0.337 s]
[INFO] Apache Atlas Graph Database API .................... SUCCESS [  3.059 s]
[INFO] Graph Database Common Code ......................... SUCCESS [  3.140 s]
[INFO] Shaded version of Apache hbase client .............. SUCCESS [  5.861 s]
[INFO] Apache Atlas Titan 0.5.4 Graph DB Impl ............. SUCCESS [01:30 min]
[INFO] Apache Atlas Graph Database Implementation Dependencies SUCCESS [  0.444 s]
[INFO] Shaded version of Apache hbase server .............. SUCCESS [ 13.323 s]

Rising Star

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.18.1:test (default-test) on project atlas-notification: There are test failures. [ERROR] [ERROR] Please refer to /home/hduser/atlas/notification/target/surefire-reports for the individual test results. [ERROR] -> [Help 1] org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.18.1:test (default-test) on project atlas-notification: There are test failures. Please refer to /home/hduser/atlas/notification/target/surefire-reports for the individual test results. at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:212) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161) at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:317) at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:152) at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:555) at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:214) at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:158) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289) at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229) at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415) at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356) Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoFailureException: There are test failures. Please refer to /home/hduser/atlas/notification/target/surefire-reports for the individual test results. at org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.SurefireHelper.reportExecution(SurefireHelper.java:82) at org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.SurefirePlugin.handleSummary(SurefirePlugin.java:254) at org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.AbstractSurefireMojo.executeAfterPreconditionsChecked(AbstractSurefireMojo.java:854) at org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.AbstractSurefireMojo.execute(AbstractSurefireMojo.java:722) at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:106) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:208) ... 19 more [ERROR] [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging. [ERROR] [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles: [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException [ERROR] [ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command

[ERROR] mvn <goals> -rf :atlas-notification

Rising Star

@anaik Thank you for the suggestions, the following command seems to work and provided a successful build 'mvn clean install -Pdist,embedded-hbase-solr -DskipITs -DskipTests -Drat.numUnapprovedLicenses=100'.

However after the build when I navigate to target folder and try running the atlas_start.py, it says 'Apache Atlas Server Started!!!'

When I try the following to verify if the server is up and running: 'curl -v http://localhost:21000/api/atlas/admin/version'

It gives me the following:

11747-connection-to-atlas.png

Expert Contributor

Ok awesome, atleast the server came up. Try the following commands

curl -sivk -u admin:admin http://localhost:21000/api/atlas/admin/version

curl -sivk http://localhost:21000/api/atlas/admin/status

Rising Star

@anaik both the commands are giving the same response as the screenshot above!

The only thing different is the 'Authorization: Basic ****************=' line after the GET /api/atlas/admin/version HTTP/1.1

Rising Star

Dear @anaik,

I tried to do the installation from scratch and this time when I tried to start the server I got the following response (image attached), but then again when I try to run the commands you suggested 'curl -sivk -u admin:admin http://localhost:21000/api/atlas/admin/version' It is giving me the same response as the image in the above mentioned comment!

11909-empty-reply-from-server.png

Expert Contributor

@Bilal Arshad

Please checks application.log,its in logs directory.

Post the log errors here for investigation