Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Apache Nifi Mysql Connectivity - Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory

Expert Contributor

Hi Team , 

I am having issues while connecting to mysql database using apache nifi.  The error is as follows

Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory

Please note that Apache Nifi and MySQL is installed on the same Linux server and hence there shouldn't be any problems with the 2 applications talking to each other. 

The database connection pool settings is provided below

mysql_db_connection_pool.jpg

The error when I try extracting the records is provided below

mysql_db_connection_pool_error.jpg

This is something very urgent as we are doing a POC and if this succeeds our Projects will be based on this. Any help in this regard will be much appreciated. 

@Matt @Shu 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Expert Contributor

Hi All , 

I fixed this by changing the source URL to  jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/source . 

I still need to understand the reason as to why it works this way when both the applications are installed on the same linux box . Also to note that in my case I have this linux installed on a VM on Google Cloud Platform

I will work on it and post the reasoning for reference.

Thanks 

View solution in original post

Super Guru

@abhinav_joshi  its related to permissions for root user.  First, you should avoid root user.  Also recommend use FQDNs, not ips.   It seems that user has perms on the localhost ip, but maybe not when connecting from the external IP.    If you make a specific user, you would need to grant them access to a database from a specific host.  For example:

CREATE DATABASE hive;
CREATE USER 'hive'@'hdp3.cloudera.com' IDENTIFIED BY 'hive';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'hive'@'hdp3.cloudera.com' WITH GRANT OPTION;
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Expert Contributor

Hi All , 

I fixed this by changing the source URL to  jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/source . 

I still need to understand the reason as to why it works this way when both the applications are installed on the same linux box . Also to note that in my case I have this linux installed on a VM on Google Cloud Platform

I will work on it and post the reasoning for reference.

Thanks 

Super Guru

@abhinav_joshi  its related to permissions for root user.  First, you should avoid root user.  Also recommend use FQDNs, not ips.   It seems that user has perms on the localhost ip, but maybe not when connecting from the external IP.    If you make a specific user, you would need to grant them access to a database from a specific host.  For example:

CREATE DATABASE hive;
CREATE USER 'hive'@'hdp3.cloudera.com' IDENTIFIED BY 'hive';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'hive'@'hdp3.cloudera.com' WITH GRANT OPTION;
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Expert Contributor

Thanks @stevenmatison for your response on this