Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Are there any OS level changes/settings that differ between RHEL 6 and 7 for HDP which could have an impact on performance, stability, etc?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Foowloing are the changes in cent os 7 :-

• New initialization system, systemd.
  • New firewall control, firewalld. This adds a more dynamic and flexible way to control the firewall module in the kernel, which is still netfilter.
  • New bootloader. GRUB2 adds rich scripting support as well as support for the new hardware options offered on modern mainboards.
  • New default filesystem, XFS. XFS adds support for larger single filesystems, faster format times (0 seconds), integrated snapshots, and live filesystem dumps for backup without first unmounting.
  • GNOME 3 – This only really applies to those who use RHEL/CentOS in the desktop, like me. As with any other distro, you aren’t locked into GNOME 3. I personally like it, but KDE is readily available and others can be found on EPEL.
  • If you are used to previous versions you may want to stick with 6. 7 has a lot of command changes

And in our env we are using Cent OS 7. Still Didn't face issue with performance etc..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Foowloing are the changes in cent os 7 :-

• New initialization system, systemd.
  • New firewall control, firewalld. This adds a more dynamic and flexible way to control the firewall module in the kernel, which is still netfilter.
  • New bootloader. GRUB2 adds rich scripting support as well as support for the new hardware options offered on modern mainboards.
  • New default filesystem, XFS. XFS adds support for larger single filesystems, faster format times (0 seconds), integrated snapshots, and live filesystem dumps for backup without first unmounting.
  • GNOME 3 – This only really applies to those who use RHEL/CentOS in the desktop, like me. As with any other distro, you aren’t locked into GNOME 3. I personally like it, but KDE is readily available and others can be found on EPEL.
  • If you are used to previous versions you may want to stick with 6. 7 has a lot of command changes

And in our env we are using Cent OS 7. Still Didn't face issue with performance etc..