Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Attribute validation against MSSQL database

Contributor

I have to implement one scenario using Nifi flow.

1. There is one attribute from upstream processor like 

KeyValue : KGPYT

2. I have to find whether KeyValue is unique in the system or not , by validation from Database.

If it is not found in the database, the flowfile should be proceed to success and 

if the value is present in database, it should be proceed to failure.

Please suggest me how to proceed in this case.

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think you are probably looking for the LookupAttribute processor. (Or possibly the LookupRecord processor).

It should allow you to look up the value somewhere (e.g. in a database) and afterwards you can route on the outcome. Either directly based on matched/unmatched or if it is more complicated (e.g. the depending on what you actually found) perhaps using something like RouteOnAttribute.

- Dennis Jaheruddin

If this answer helped, please mark it as 'solved' and/or if it is valuable for future readers please apply 'kudos'.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I think you are probably looking for the LookupAttribute processor. (Or possibly the LookupRecord processor).

It should allow you to look up the value somewhere (e.g. in a database) and afterwards you can route on the outcome. Either directly based on matched/unmatched or if it is more complicated (e.g. the depending on what you actually found) perhaps using something like RouteOnAttribute.

- Dennis Jaheruddin

If this answer helped, please mark it as 'solved' and/or if it is valuable for future readers please apply 'kudos'.

Community Manager

@midee, Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future.  I

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Contributor

@DennisJaheruddi ,

Thanks for your reply and will implement your suggestion.

thanks!

Deepak

Community Manager

@midee, were you able to implement the suggestions? Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, can you please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future?  

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: