Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CCA 175 Syllabus & Examination

New Contributor

I plan to get the CCA 175 in the next couple of weeks, but as I keep studying, I get more confused about the actual material.

The outline is awfully vague, so I had to rely mostly on outside sources. For example, sqoop isn't referred in the training course outline, but it seems that several people had examined on sqoop. However, here's where it gets tricky. Sqoop was official retired this June and after that I don't really know if I am supposed to get prepared for a sqoop question or a "JDBC" format question.

Also, Cloudera Quick VM seems not to be supported and I cannot find any concrete information on the environment the exam is going to take place. It would have been really helpful if there was a couple of pictures online or just a simple walkthrough 3 minutes video.

Is it possible to include some extra details on the material (e.g. Technologies that might be examined etc)?

Thank you in advance

5 REPLIES 5

Community Manager

Hi @vbar, Have you tried contacting certification@cloudera.com? The certification team may be able to help you with more details. @Dgati 

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Expert Contributor

Thank you Vidya.

The Certification Team has not yet been contacted by this contributor, but they will be happy to assist with this certification exam inquiry anytime.

Regards,

D.

New Contributor

Oh, I apologise for the off-topic.

I am going to send an email to the certification support and I hope I'll be able to answer to my question afterwards. ^_^

Cheers @VidyaSargur

Expert Contributor

No worries and thank you for your kind cooperation.

I am following up here on one small point, just for the record (which is to say for the benefit of people who might arrive at this thread via search engine at some point in the near-to-medium term future). The original question from @vbar  included this:

However, here's where it gets tricky. Sqoop was official [sic] retired this June and after that I don't really know if I am supposed to get prepared for a sqoop question or a "JDBC" format question.

I can't speak at all to the question of whether or not the exam will have questions on Sqoop, but I do want to clarify that while Sqoop was moved to the Apache Attic in June 2021, the software will continue to be supported by Cloudera and shipped as part of CDP Public Cloud and CDP Private Cloud. See Cloudera's statement of support on this matter here:

Apache Sqoop Support on Cloudera Data Platform

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.