Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera Data Platform - 7.1.1 Trial

Rising Star

Hi 

I'm currently deploying  CDP-DC trial version on my dev enviroment using the latest Cloudera Manager 7.1.1

But at Add Cluster-Installation --> 4. Select repository, why do runtime version that i can select is only CDH 6.3.2 & CDH 5.16. Should't i be able to select cloudera runtime 7.1.1?

Cloudera Manager 7.1.1 got only CDH 6.3 anf 5.16Cloudera Manager 7.1.1 got only CDH 6.3 anf 5.16

I've tried 7.0.3 installation, and i got the option for Cloudera runtime 7.0.3.

Cloiudera Manager 7.0.3 got runtime 7.0.3Cloiudera Manager 7.0.3 got runtime 7.0.3

it shouldn't be like this right?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Rising Star

Hi @Bender 

Thank you very much your reply. 

But I tried CDP7.0.3 and I can select the 7.0.3 runtime tfor the deployment, not the legacy CDH as on my 1st picture. 

"Upgrades from CDH to higher versions of CDH" explains that "Upgrades to Cloudera Manager 6.3.3 or higher now require a Cloudera Enterprise license file and a username and password."

So is this means that if i want to try version 7.1.1, i would not get to try the runtime 7.1.1 if I dont have the Enterprice license?

*I'm not upgrading from existing cluster. I'm currently just trying to deploy the Trial version of Cloudera Data Platform version 7.1.1 to test all the function. 

View solution in original post

Cloudera Employee

There is currently a bug.  Please try the following:

Click Parcel Repositories & Network Settings

You should see a error that looks like:

na_0-1591875446974.png

Remove that URL, and replace it with:

https://archive.cloudera.com/cdh7/7.1.1.0/parcels/

This solution could be resolved or could change over time as newer versions of CM and Cloudera Runtime are released. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello @muslihuddin ,

Thank you for raising your concern about the CDP7.1.1 trial version allowing you only select CDH 6.3. and CDH 5.16 versions. The [1] documentation under "Upgrades from CDH to higher versions of CDH" explains that "Upgrades to Cloudera Manager 6.3.3 or higher now require a Cloudera Enterprise license file and a username and password." I believe this is the explanation why you only have these versions listed.

We appreciate your feedback on the product, as it allows us to improve our documentation. Raising a request internally on adding this limitation under the Trial Installation section [2].

Kind regards:

Ferenc

[1] https://docs.cloudera.com/cdp/latest/upgrade/topics/cdpdc-upgrade-paths.html

[2] https://docs.cloudera.com/cdpdc/7.0/installation/topics/cdpdc-install-runtime-using-wizard.html

Ferenc Erdelyi, Technical Solutions Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

New Contributor

Exactly how is this a trial if it requires a license?  The whole point of installing a trial is to conduct an evaluation to help decide whether or not to purchase a license.

Rising Star

@meridee yeah, this is what I meant. Thanks

I actually just got a confirmation on this from another Cloudera representative and he is saying the same thing as Bender said ,where the cloudera runtime 7.1.1 will be hidden during the Cloudera Manger 7.1.1 installation  unless you have the license. Thats why I'm only seeing legacy CDH version for my trial installation. 

So sad. Thanks anyway.@Bender 

Rising Star

Hi @Bender 

Thank you very much your reply. 

But I tried CDP7.0.3 and I can select the 7.0.3 runtime tfor the deployment, not the legacy CDH as on my 1st picture. 

"Upgrades from CDH to higher versions of CDH" explains that "Upgrades to Cloudera Manager 6.3.3 or higher now require a Cloudera Enterprise license file and a username and password."

So is this means that if i want to try version 7.1.1, i would not get to try the runtime 7.1.1 if I dont have the Enterprice license?

*I'm not upgrading from existing cluster. I'm currently just trying to deploy the Trial version of Cloudera Data Platform version 7.1.1 to test all the function. 

Cloudera Employee

There is currently a bug.  Please try the following:

Click Parcel Repositories & Network Settings

You should see a error that looks like:

na_0-1591875446974.png

Remove that URL, and replace it with:

https://archive.cloudera.com/cdh7/7.1.1.0/parcels/

This solution could be resolved or could change over time as newer versions of CM and Cloudera Runtime are released.