Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera License

New Contributor

Dear community,

After downgrading CDH 6.1 from Enterprise to Express edition, is it possible to upgrade again to Enterprise using same license file used in Enterprise edition?

Our problem is that we want to add additional data nodes to cluster, which will result in exceeding valid licensed node count. So we are thinking to downgrade to Express, add nodes, and wait for procurement for licenses 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi @RahimA ,

Technically it will work.

However, you will still need to have a valid Cloudera subscription during the intermediate period when you are running Cloudera Express without applying an Enterprise license key. For obvious reasons we don't support customers who jump on/off a Cloudera subscription as and when they see fit.

Regards,

Steve

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Collaborator

Hi @RahimA ,

I don't recommend that you downgrade from the Enterprise edition to Express because the Enterprise feature within your platform will be automatically disabled and you will not be able to use Cloudera Technical Support.

My recommendation is that you expedite your procurement process for the additional Cloudera nodes.

Regards,

Steve

New Contributor
Dear @StevenOD, Thanks for your feedback. We will consider your recommendation. But i really wonder if we have chance to upgrade to Enterprise after downgrading , using same license file.

Super Collaborator

Hi @RahimA ,

Technically it will work.

However, you will still need to have a valid Cloudera subscription during the intermediate period when you are running Cloudera Express without applying an Enterprise license key. For obvious reasons we don't support customers who jump on/off a Cloudera subscription as and when they see fit.

Regards,

Steve