Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera Manager agent 5.13.0 won't start due to "cmf==5.13.0 distribution was not found"

New Contributor

Dear Cloudera Community,

My OS is Oracle Linux Server release 7.3 and my Java version is 1.8u121. I am installing Cloudera Manager 5.13.0 from tarball and once I want to start Cloudera Manager agent, I am getting this error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/cloudera-manager/cm-5.13.0/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/bin/cmf-agent", line 8, in <module>
from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2927, in <module>
@_call_aside
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2913, in _call_aside
f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2940, in _initialize_master_working_set
working_set = WorkingSet._build_master()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 635, in _build_master
ws.require(__requires__)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 943, in require
needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 829, in resolve
raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'cmf==5.13.0' distribution was not found and is required by the application

Can you please help me?

Many thanks,

Václav Surovec

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator
This kind of error can happen if you download the tarball for the wrong OS or OS release.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Super Collaborator
This kind of error can happen if you download the tarball for the wrong OS or OS release.