Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

[Cloudera][Support] (50170) Creation of new thread failed.

New Contributor

When I am connecting via Cloudera ODBC Driver the process fails due to following error: 

[Cloudera][Support] (50170) Creation of new thread failed. 

Does anyone know what the issue is and can help here? I did not find anything concerning this error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

Issue is solved, as it was a Firewall Problem

Thank you all anyway! 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Master Guru

@essbase_admin Can you elaborate a bit more on the issue? What ODBC version you are using and from what to what you are connecting? 

Also may be upload the full log or error message to get help. 

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

New Contributor

Hi @GangWar ,

thank you for your message. 

I am using following ODBC Driver: Cloudera ODBC Driver for Impala, Version 2.06.08.1008

I build an ETL-workflow in Microsoft SSIS and I am connecting to a Database on Impala through this ODBC Driver. The error message appears in the SSIS-log. Unfortunately I do not have any more informations concerning this error, except of this log section:

Error: 2022-03-08 07:04:58.29
Code: 0xC02090F5
Source: Data Flow Task ADO NET Source [2]
Description: The ADO NET Source was unable to process the data. ERROR [HY000] [Cloudera][Support] (50170) Creation of new thread failed.
End Error 

Another hint I can contribute is that, this error appears only at the time that is mentioned in the log above. When you run the job one hour or two later, it will run without error. I suppose that this error comes either from the ODBC driver or from the Impala Database itself. For me it is only possible to configure the ODBC driver as I am not the administrator for the Impala DB. Can you help me further with this issue?

Master Guru

@essbase_admin I am not sure what can be the cause. May be there is a LB or proxy running which needs to be configured again or tuned again. 

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/6/6.3/topics/impala_proxy.html#proxy_balancing

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Master Guru

@essbase_admin May be you should 

• Use the latest ODBC driver (now 2.6.14)
  • If still having problems, then enable DEBUG or TRACE level logging in the ODBC driver side, see "Configuring Logging Options on Windows" section in:

Cheers!

Community Manager

@essbase_admin, Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, can you please mark the appropriate reply as the solution? It will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. 

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

New Contributor

Issue is solved, as it was a Firewall Problem

Thank you all anyway!